Friday, March 26, 2010

Tutorial ~Fabric Flower~


Just as I promised, I am going to show you how I made some flowers from the top portion of the dress. The top part had lining (it was also gauze) that is a very pretty light blue. When I separated them, I thought to myself, "I have to use this too! :)"

{You will need}

Light weight fabric
Matching Thread

{How to}

1. I cut out 8- 2 1/2" squares from each color.


2. Fold a square in half, then fold it again to make a smaller square.


3. Cut the outer edges(not the folded edges). It will almost look like a heart shape.


When you open it up... it will look like this. Repeat the process for the rest of the squares.


4. Pinch in the middle and stitch 2-3 times. Keep adding the rest of the pieces to it.


5. Then you will have a flower like these...



For the floral print flower, after you fold the squares into fourths, cut opposite corners to make it look like a leaf. When you unfold it, it will look like a four leaf clover with pointed leaves. (Sorry, I didn't take a picture of that.)

I loved the frayed look. I am very curious about using different types of fabric; I wonder how the flowers will turn out. I haven't decided what I am going to do with them, but I have a weekend to think about it.

Meanwhile I made this too... all I can say is you can never have too many flowers.

18 comments :

  1. thanks for tutorial .
    the flower is very beautiful !
    angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers, and the post about the couple in the restaurant came back to me today(I posted about my own version) Have a blessed Sunday. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your tutorials! I found a great tee on sale at Lane Bryant, but the neckline was a little low. I remembered your tutorial about the fabric circle flower - and fortunately had some knit exactly the right color. Put the flowers around the neckline and wore it yesterday. I never would have thought of that on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sachiko,
    Your blog is very nice. Blog is romantic, beautiful, natural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! As far as I am concerned, you can't go wrong with fabric flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just happened to find your blog! i love it and can't wait to peruse through your past posts. now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a small world! I googled "fabric flower" and your blog came up. Then, I found your wonderful Mannequin post and emailed it to my sweet mom, Patty (owner of Wandering Wardrobe!) and she said she actually knows you and you two are friends!! So what a small little world, that is so cool!! I hope I can get my blog as famous as yours! Will you follow it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot ! It makes really cute flowers ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for sharing, i love how the center of the blue one came out, but i love pearls on the floral one,too :) i've gotten so many ideas from your blog, you're an awesome lady!
    kudzu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tutto il tuo blog e' una rassegna meravigliosa di creatività!Complimenti per le tue rose e per i tutorial.Un caro saluto Patry

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you make the last flower? I love it and would like to try making it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you make the last flower? I love it and would like to try making it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been making these adorable flowers all weekend! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

    Zia
    Why not see Fishing Lodge Alaska Sitka AK

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tres jolie fleur . Merci pour le tuto

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin