Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tutorial ~ Fall & Winter Earrings ~


A few posts ago, I shared a couple pictures of jewelery that I made, and several people wanted to know how I did it.

Well, I am not a pro at this, I just wanted to make something for myself to wear and started playing with beads a couple years ago. Eventhough my first love is sewing, I very much enjoy jewelry making too. I don't know all the correct names for all the parts, and I don't know if I can explain how I did it either. But, I will do my best.

I have been wanting to make some earrings for the fall. When we took the family trip last week, I saw a few pretty brown acorns on branches in the canyon. That inspire me to make these.

{You will need}---for one set of earrings


some head pins, and eye pins
2 earring wires
4 bead caps
2 large pearls
2 medium pearls
2 fire-polished crystals
8 small pearls(4 light color/ 4 dark color)
For the tools... you will need roundnose pliers and a wire cutter.


{How to}

1. On a head pin, string bead caps and large pearl. Bend the wire, cut the wire about 3/8" and using roundnose pliers, make the loop.

2. Using the same method on step 1, make all the parts necessary.


3. Connect the large pearl with the bead caps, fire-polished crystal, and medium pearl. Attach the small pearls between the bigger beads. Use the pictures as a guide.


4. Time to enjoy!



I am working on some more jewelry, once I spread everything out, lots of design ideas flooded my mind. It is so fun to coordinate different beads and parts to create something totally different from each other.

In November, I am planning the "Thanksgiving Giveaway" again this year. One of the jewely might be one of the giveaway items... :) What do you think?

29 comments :

  1. Beautiful!!! I love the little pearls that hang off the sides. I never think to do cute things like that. I am inspired and I think I'm going to need to pull out my beeding supplies soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great great easy tutorial...thank you so much Sachiko for sharing this smart tutorial..stay happy & cool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, very much. I will test your Tutorial. Now I see it is not so difficult to make earrings.
    Oh, sorry about my english.

    Cheers Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this! I have tons of beads, but I've never known how to use the wires! I'm going to try this this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look great! Thanks for the tute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. earings are wonderful,great tutorial!
    kiss,tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tutorial. The earrings are daring. It makes me want to get out the needle nosed pliers and get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, I know I was one of the ones who bugged you for a jewelry tutorial! I'm excited to try these cute little delights out. I look forward to your future jewelry posts, hopefully one will include that darling fall-ish bracelet that you made too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful tutorial! These are so pretty. They would make lovely Christmas gifts for my daughers and my many nieces! Thanks for taking the time to make such a great tutorial!
    ~Blessings, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are beautiful. I love the color.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are gorgeous, and you've inspired me to make some jewelry though I haven't done it in years! I'm going to share this with my readers on Craft Schooling Sunday, and hope you'll find a moment to join us sometime too! all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great! It really makes me want to make jewelry more. Thanks for the tutorial, I might have to go get some supplies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're beautiful! What pretty colors. Thanks so much for this, I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your earrings is an awesome inspiration! Many thanks for sharing. I would like to feature it at http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/

    Contact me here if you have a concern.

    Jane
    http://diylessons.org/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! We'v featured your Fall & Winter earrings on our blog. Check it out here: http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/2011/11/bead-cap-basics-jewelry-making-tutorial.html

    Cheers!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!

    We have featured your fall and winter earrings. Check it out here: http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/2011/11/bead-cap-basics-jewelry-making-tutorial.html

    Cheers!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I just found your blog and I love it! I also love the earrings.

    carolinessimplestitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello there! I just discovered your blog, and I'm really enjoying it.

    carolinessimplestitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin