Friday, May 14, 2010
A couple of link parties ago, I shared my yo-yos. I received many comments and emails asking for a tutorial to show you how to make them.
You asked, you shall receive... :)
1. Get a cup and an empty cereal box. I traced the top and bottom of the cup on the cereal box to make two different sizes of yo-yos. The large one is 2 5/8" in diameter(the finished size is 1 1/8" in diameter), the small one is 2" in diameter and the finished size is 7/8" in diameter). I hope you can get some idea about the sizes from those examples.
2. Place the template onto the fabric and trace it with pencil. Cut out the circles.
3. Fold a little less than 1/4" for the seam and stitch all around it.
4. Pull the thread to gather the fabric. Tie a knot and hide it.
5. Now you have yo-yos that you can use to accessorize or make something with!
There are several reasons why I love yo-yos.
1. You can use even your tiniest scraps to make yo-yos
2. It is so easy to do, and transportable. I keep the cut out circles, thread, and needles in a zip-lock bag in my purse. I make a few here and a few there, before I realize, I have tons of yo-yo's.
3. You can use yo-yos in so many different projects.
I have been busy with other projcts, and haven't done much with my yo-yo's but when I do, I will share some of the ideas with you.
I hope everyone will enjoy your weekend, perhaps, you can start making some yo-yos!