Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wednesday at Tea Rose Link Party!

I can't believe this is already my third link party. It is such a pleasure to see what everyone is up to. Everyones' post motivates me to keep doing what I love to do, for that, I thank you!

I have been wanting to do something with scrabble letters for a while. My family owns the game, but I didn't want to use them for my craft (well, I can't do anytning permanent, and the risk of loosing some pieces is too great). I have been on the lookout for scrabble everytime I go to the thrift stores... then BINGO!

I found a BRAND NEW unopend scrabble game for $1.99!


I also picked up a silver tray for $1 with the intention to do this...


with some spray paint, the tray looks so much better.


I put magnets on the back of the alpabet pieces, so I can use them with the tray as a message board. Here are some loving message for my kids:



I was totally having fun doing this, as I made these massages I showed them to my kids. Their response? "That's not fun!!".

Then I realized that this board can be used as a design board too.


The flowers are made out of leftover t-shirt fabric and I just glued on the magnets.

Best of all, this tray is perfect for Rachel's take along activity in the car.


I made some magnets for her to play with, and put them in a container (this container has a magnet on the bottom, so it sticks to the tray too!).


Actually making magnets for her was a really fun process. I cut out images from old magazines and mod podged them on thick paper (the thickness of a cereal box). After they dried, I cut them out and put some magnets in the back. She loves them!! I found some disney princesses on a fruit snack box too. I think I found a new obsession for me for a while.

Have you been working on something last week? Do you have something you want to show off? Here is your chance, join the link party!

Here are the rules:

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it!

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.

4. One more thing, please DO NOT link anything inappropriate or any kind of advertisement.

Go visit people on the list and say hi! I can't wait to see your projects!
Note: I was going to post last night, but I had some problems with McLinky. Sorry!

15 comments :

  1. I LOVE the tray idea :) The possibilities are endless. You could cut out cars, trucks, letters/numbers, paper dolls, farm life, ocean life.... oh my goodness ... I totally want to make one now :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love the scrabble magnets, i am def going to do that. you are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that tray! And score on the scrabble game--I've been looking at our thrift store for over 2 months for even a used one with no luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this little magnetic board. So cute! I'll have to keep my out for scrabble now, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea :) I have to look for scrabble and magnets now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for doing these link parties! It is so fun to see all these crafts from people I would never have known about. Can't wait for more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, was lucky enough to snag a brand new Scrabble set at a consignment sale. Here's a link to one of my crafts using the tiles: http://toteallyposh.blogspot.com/2010/03/be-grateful.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to have found your beautiful blog. Thanks for hosting - so many great ideas. I'll be back soon. I'm now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! This is my first time here, but I wanted to take the time to say I love your blog and love this magnetic message board! What a cute idea!! Thanks for sharing it! Nice to meet you, and I look forward to visiting again! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that idea! I saw an idea on a blog (that I can't remember now)on how to make pendant necklaces out of extra Scrabble tiles.
    Here's an example
    http://www.makeandtakes.com/scrabble-tile-pendant-giveaway

    I think they're way cute and you could do that with and X or Z... ones you hardly ever use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how the paint change the dated tray into something stylish and useable. Wow. I'm totally for this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea and a fabulous find with the $1.99 scrabble!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a cute idea! I think my 5 year old would love that!@

    ReplyDelete
  14. That tray idea is the best thing. I'm going to look for a tray now and paint it up. I have the tiles so I'm set to go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea with the tray and magnets, especially with the Scrabble for $1.99 find. Your daughter will use it for years to create words, then phrases, then love poems to her mom (dreaming now....) Thanks for posting. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin