Thursday, February 10, 2011

Anthro Inspired Necklace


This has been my most favorite necklace for the last several months. Surprisingly, this necklace goes with many different outfits, and when I bought it, I didn't know I would love it this much.



There is one thing...when I bought it, there were two kinds. This gold one AND they had a silver one. I stood there for a while, trying to decide which color I should go for. Seriously, it took forever for me to decide!
Then, a few weeks later, when I went back to the store, the silver necklaces were gone. I searched online too...gone...ugh!

I have been thinking about the one that got away, I mean, didn’t buy.
About a week ago, I found these pair of earrings at a discount store for $5.99. Then, I had Light bulb moment.


I decided to take them a part, and use them as a base of the necklace. The metal parts on the original necklace are either soldered or brazed to join them together. I don't have tools to do that, so I just used jump ring to connect the parts. Here is the necklace I came up with...


I love it! It is not same as Anthro's but I think it's not bad for 5.99 (well, technically, I only used one, so more like $3.00 to be exact) plus whatever the parts I had on hand.

I am feeling that I will be using this a lot in Spring and Summer. :)

Alert; I am making lots of jewelries (remember I don't have my sewing machine!) watch out for more jewelry posts to come!

34 comments :

  1. No linky or sewing machine! Wishing you Get Well Soon on your "missing tools!" But look what you made without your sewing machine! This necklace is awesome. I love the asymmetry. I will be on the hunt for discount earrings now for sure!

    Thanks!
    www.cookieandclaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a brilliant idea and your necklace turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I allways read your posts, but I never leave comments. This time I have to let you know something: I really, really love your necklace, actually I like it even better then the Anthro-one. You did a really great job! Warm greetings from the Netherlands...
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your version much better than the Antro one anyway. ;)
    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous..awesome..would you believe i was thinking about to comment you a few days before that i want to see your any jewelry tutorial,i still remember your smart earnings vivid tutorial..well i think you read my mind...Thanks for this post & i will wait for next posts..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when I find bargains, like those earrings of yours! What a great idea, the necklace looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the earrings but what an inspriation to think of turning them into that beautiful necklace. Btw I recently came across your blog and love your resourcefulness.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! You made the right choice, the gold one looks harder to duplicate. The silver one you made is gorgeous! It turned out to be a good thing to not have a sewing machine for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a fabulous job on the necklace! You have such great talent, and a wonderful eye for beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a fabulous necklace! You have such a great talent and eye for beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is gorgeous! I totally even like it better than the anthro one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turned out gorgeous!! And it looks fine with just using jump rings.

    I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually love your version more than the Anthro one! It's so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously, YOURS is prettier!!! I was like "Whoa" when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so pretty!
    I've been out of a sweing machine too! I feel so limited, but you have your creative juices flowing! Can't wait to see more of your creations.

    Just Better Together
    come check out my cowl scarf giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. very cute i like the one you made much better than the boughten one!


    ♥Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. love yours more than the Anthro one, and how fun will it be to say "oh I made it" when people ask you where you got it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness! That is soooo pretty! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is SO pretty, I love your idea here. I am going to have to copy you on this one. I love that it is not way overdone like a lot of DIY necklaces I have seen recently, but it is still chunky and way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the necklace! Congratulations on your great spread in the Somerset publication.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh...sooooo beautiful :))
    I agree with few previous comments and would prefer yours :))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow that is truly impressive and something I would love to try my hand at one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! I am gonna be on the hunt for some dangly earrings. I need to make one for myself, MIL, SIL, niece, and a couple friends.

    ReplyDelete
  24. When I saw just the top photo, I thought it was the inspiration photo! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your remade necklace is gorgeous! Yours looks just as good, if not better than the original. You've got such a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like your necklace so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great work, it's gorgeous.

    www.katiescreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin