Well, last year before I started getting a series of procedures (so around September), I was getting antsy. I wanted many projects done and have some projects ready for me to do in bed... You know, those type of things. I pieced five quilt tops that time, and I just finished quilting one of them over the weekend.
It's rather funny looking huh? Here is the reason why... I used up all the scraps from the boy's quilt to make this. I had absolutely NO design plans whatsoever. I just kept on piecing, adding fabric here and there and if there were parts that were too long I simply cut it to match the length.
I have a love for traditional quilts, but I have been mesmerized by modern style quilts too. I wanted to see what I can come up with, with leftover fabrics. So, it was sort of an experiment.
Because it was an experimental quilt, it was also perfect for me to practice machine quilting on. I didn't have to worry about making it so perfect.
I know I still have a lot to learn, but actually machine quilting is starting to become fun. I am not so scared anymore!
There are a couple other quilts that I basted and am thinking about quilting soon. It is so hard to decide what kind of design to go with it. I can't wait to get started though. :)