Monday, July 2, 2012

Shoe Refashions

Is it just me or when you see really cute shoes but don't want to pay that much money for it and pass it up? If you have been wanting to buy cute shoes and have some plain boring shoes in your closet you were thinking about getting rid of, this post might be for you!

I had a couple old pairs I haven't been wearing for a long time. The beige ones I found at 6pm for a really good deal. When I saw this online, I thought they looked nice, but when I opened the box I was really disappointed. The material used for the shoes looked cheap and somehow it looked... blah... I was going to return them. Check out the trio.


I decided to go through my scraps, beads and such to perform shoe surgery!

Case 1: White shoes

They weren't a bad pair, but for some reasons I didn't care for it that much... I wanted to give them some personality. Check them out after some lace and fabric flowers with beads in center.

Before...

After...



Case 2: Black shoes

Actually, these were my favorite pair at one point. It is very comfortable to wear, but the cotton fabric is starting to wear out. I guess that is why I stopped wearing them, other than that, it is still in good condition. I believe that with a little bit of a face lift, it will still be a great pair. I decided to make ruffles and rosette out my leftover black fabric strips to embellish them.

Before...

After...



Case 3: Beige shoes

I think this is my most favorite out of the three pairs after the makeover. I wanted to do something really different and fun. I added several colors and textures.

Before...


After...



I am so excited to have three pairs of (old) NEW shoes that I love… The best part? I didn't spend a dime to do these makeovers! As I mentioned my favorite is the last pair, and I have been wearing them a lot lately.




All you need for this project are old shoes, some scraps of fabric, lace, beads and such, fabric glue, and a little bit of imagination. Go fish in your closet, you might have some shoes to refashion. :)

31 comments :

  1. I like!
    Restayling I love shoes .... I did a similar post last week.
    You're too good.
    Ciaoooooo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, you're great! I especially love the third and i'll take inspiration from this idea for some shoes to give a new life.
    Bye
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all adorable styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative re-do for your shoes! Love them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are ALL great. What a GREAT job! I can't believe now that I just took about 10 pairs of shoes to GoodWill.
    Don't forget to spray those beauties heavily with Scotchguard. They will look like new for years and years and years and water will just roll off them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Gosh! They are gorgeous!!!
    I mean PURE gorgeousness! I love what you did with all three of them, but somehow the white ones stuck with me!!
    After seeing all beautiful shoe makeovers on the internet I am always searching for ugly shoes just so that I can make them different. Still on the search ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulous! I'm definitely going to have to try one of these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing! The last pair is my favorite too, I love the colors you added!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG LOVE your makeovers! Very good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all just fabulous! You did a wonderful job. I think the black is my fav but that would be because I wear a lot of black!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! I know what to do with my not-quiet-trashy-enough-to-throw-away shoes now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love! You are so creative and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sachiko, you are so talented! I LOVE your shoe refashion! The first and the third - I cannot choose which is best! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great way to brighten and renew your shoes, I wonder if Crocs can be prettied up like that? Well, perhaps I will give it a try... The glue gun is warmed up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look fabulous-I love the way the black ones turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, these are great! I especially love the first pair (very much)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, these are great! I especially love the first pair (very much)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE them!! I hope I can find a pair in my closet to refashion. You are so creative and such an inspiration! God bless you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is soooooo nice! Have a nice days! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE! These are great and I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love! These are great and I'm inspired to redo some of mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so fun I'm going share them on Life, Love, Green's Facebook page tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wooow!!!! you are just genius!!!!! I LOVE it :)))))

    And I am in love with your blog )

    http://rukodelkimollymj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all three! The black is my favorite I think. :) I've never thought of refashioning my shoes in that way... Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really great idea and so much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  26. very cute pj!!! I love it!! Hiss? put in on my luggage.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sachiko,
    Beautiful blog !
    Gorgeous the black shoes! I love roses so much !
    I'll be glad if you visit my blog.

    Hugs from Portugal
    Ana Lopes
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all 3 pairs of shoes! They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are absolutely brilliantly and FABULOUS!!! Just sooooo FUN!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin