Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Stylo ~ Flannel Jacket


It was really hard not to spill the beans for a while. I was invited to contribute to a section of "1 fabric 5 designers" in Stylo magazine. Stylo is the first fashion forward eMagazine centered around children's sewing patterns and style. After I accepted the challenge happily, I received 2 yards of beautiful flannel from Miss Matatabi, from japan. After going back and forth, I decided to use a pattern I found in a Japanese sewing book ‘ほんのり sweet 女の子の服 ‘ by 荒木由紀(Yuki Araki). Here are the results...

I also made a headband to go with the top.

In the sewing book, it was introduced as "cardigan" and it was made with knit. I thought if I made it with flannel, Rachel could wear it more like a shirt or jacket.

I added the belt loops and small pom-pom trim with velvet ribbon to finish it off.

My friend Kristina of Kristina Bills Photography took these beautiful pictures for me. Thanks, Kristina!

After waiting for a while, I was so happy to go through the magazine for the first time. BOY it is AMAZING! Other contributors did such an amazing job... I mean the choice of fabric to sewing to such stylish photos. I was in ooh's and ah's, and inspired by them so much. Head over to check out Stylo right now, you don't wanna miss this issue!!



5 comments :

  1. The jacket is absolutely stunning! The print is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. And paired with that shirt? Oh swoon, I'm in love with it all! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable! Such a cute jacket. The model makes it look so good. She is just beautiful...looks just like you. Thanks for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely jacket! I really like the addition of the trim. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice on all accounts. congratulations. it is always so nice to see your name in my inbox

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin