Thursday, October 22, 2015

Big Reveal of Small Sewing Room! Part 1

Do you remember these photos? I started working on putting together a small sewing room a while ago.

I painted the wooden suite case...

Then put up wall paper and hard wood floors... (they are just scrap book paper. I LOVE the texture on the paper!)

I am so happy to finally share the finished sewing room today! I couldn't decide on the furniture arrangement at first. When that was done, I started making all sorts of decorations. Lots and lots of ideas with many possibilities flooded my mind and I really had to pick and choose what to do. I felt like the whole process was just like trying to decorate a real room; except everything I was working on was much smaller.

Welcome everyone to my small sewing room tour!

First up is this cupboard with spool and fabric bolts. I love, LOVE how this turned out!

In the sewing room, I needed a big table for cutting and putting the sewing machine on, and of course a place for treats every now and then. Can you believe I found this table at a dollar store a while ago? It was unfinished but I painted it white. I went back to buy more for future projects, but they don't carry them anymore (sob!).

This drawer chest is also a dollar store find. You can use your imagination of what's in the drawers... more fabrics, findings, yarns, books? Who knows. I made the cork board to pin up some pretty cutouts from a magazines.

One of my favorite things in this sewing room is this mannequin. I had several idea for the dress, but this is what my mind settled on. Wouldn't it be fun to make a live-sized one?

Fabric bolts in a tin. Sometimes I wish I could buy a bolt of fabrics when I find something I really love: here is my chance to have a "bolt" of fabric. Can you spot fabrics from Riley Blake, Art Gallery Fabric, Moda and Cotton + Steel?

The room is a mix of store bought items and things I made. In my next post, I will talk about what I made and how, so stay tuned!

26 comments :

  1. I had forgotten about this until now. I love it! What an awesome, magical space. How big is the suitcase and where did you get it? Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOooo adorable Sachiko! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely lovely. I really love the fabrics and cottons.Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bellissimo, bellissimo.
    A presto DonatellaM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The chairs and the ironing board and iron! Wonderfully clever. Can't wait till we get more details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I'm in LOVE. What a beautyful idea ... I hope you put it on place ... you can see it every day 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable! I always loved making little dioramas when I was child. You did a beautiful job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It is amazing!!! I love every single thing you used - absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda a sua sala de costura em miniatura!!
    Cada detalhe um capricho!! Parabéns!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing and I can't wait for your next post. I am getting ready to do a large doll house from top to bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is perfection!!! I build dollhouses too and I'm planning on putting a sewing room in my next mini house. Your little room is absolutely dreamy and the mannequin with the blue dress is the cutest thing EVER! You're inspiring me to get back to work on my dollhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is adorable. I love it. It makes me want to make one. Any tiny room would be fun, but I just love the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness. This is so adorable and could be a replica of our shop. I love it so much! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just so incredibly and magically adorable! I can imagine having that and imagining being shrunken down to sit there, just like when I was a little girl playing with my doll house stuff. I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable; I love it! Looking forward to tips on how you created it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!!! Looks so adorable and mini. I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is adorable. I would love to have a regular-sized version of that room!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is exactly the kind of thing I used to make as a young teenager. My family could never understand how I could be bothered making all the tiny things, but I loved doing it. Your tiny sewing room is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm with @Cotton Blossom... what is the size of the suitcase? Or did you use standard scale of dollhouses (1:12)? Absolutely fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just spotted this on Craft Gossip - soooo adorable!! I left a comment on IG via @winkowl

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet idea! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need this in full scale size to be my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  23. very intricate work. looks beautiful. interesting details.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have several miniature sewing machines and just love collecting them along with vintage sewing notions. This is just beautiful the way you put everything together. Painting all the furniture white really helps the fabric and room accessories stand out. Thanks for sharing all the tutorials. It's all so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin