Monday, May 31, 2021

Burda Style 6414 Dress

I wanted to participate in #mymademay or #sewthatpattern during the month of May. I thought I should be able to create several outfits, and I quickly realized that I underestimated my schedule or how busy I will get just before the end of the school year. I finally found the time to sew one dress for this month!
I used Burda Style 6414 pattern and modified it a little. The original pattern had two options for the shoulders: one with drawstrings to adjust how much of the shoulders are covered, the other one is simply a no sleeve option. I decided to go with the drawstring design, but instead of following the pattern, I added thin elastic to loosely gather up the openings. For the skirt, the original design was a straight skirt with a slit on the side, but I slightly extended the sides diagonally to have a flare skirt.
The dress is made out of a soft and stretchy knit with elastic waist, this dress is so comfortable to wear. I especially love wearing it during the summer. It is perfect to lounge around the house or for going out. I have a feeling that I am going to use this pattern again. :)

4 comments :

  1. Beautifully done! Looks super comfy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fabric! Do you buy your fabric in person or online? I'm a new sewer and struggling with knowing where to go to get nice fabrics for clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the fabric for this dress at Joann's!

      I do shop at my local stores and sometimes online. I would love to buy all my fabrics in person, so I can see the colors, touch and feel the material. Unfortunately, there aren't many fabric stores(for clothes making) around here.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin