Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christopher's Day

Today was a special day for my family. My oldest son, Christopher, was baptized today. We had talked to him about this for the last little while. He had been preparing himself for this day. Christopher had picked out the songs and who would say the opening and closing prayers.

The first song that he had picked was "If the Savior Stood Beside Me". Each word came so strong to me. Here are the words to the first verse of this wonderful song.

"If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do? Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true? Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously if I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?"

I was not prepared for the emotions that I would feel. I could not hold back the tears. I was thinking about the day he was born and how small he was and how it is our responsibility to teach him and raise him in the Gospel. The song he picked today taught me we can all ask these questions to ourselves daily. We can reach higher and live better each day. He definately was a good example to his younger siblings too.

Christopher looked so handsome and mature in his new suite.




One more thing. A couple of nights ago while Aaron and I were working in our hobby room, Christopher came in and after a short while and out of the blue said, "So and so said that I'm the smallest person in the class." You can't sugar-coat the truth, he is the smallest one in his class. So, I said, "Yeah, you are the smallest, but you are the cutest."

He smiled a little and then Aaron turned around and said, "The next time so and so tells you that you are the smallest, you tell him; great things come in small packages." He started laughing so hard. We all laughed. As he was leaving the room, he was practicing Aaron's comeback so that he wouldn't forget. He seemed almost excited about it, like he couldn't wait for someone to tell him he was the smallest.

That's what I love about Aaron. He has a positive attitude and a great sense of humor. What would I do without him. Even on the toughest days he manages to make me laugh. Yes, I'm bragging, but I have an awesome husband!

8 comments :

  1. HI!!!!! i'm sooo happy you contacted me! i tried emailing you but i think i have the wrong one. so this makes me so happy! okay i have to go to bed but i'll check your blog soon! so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher looks sooooooooo handsome!!! Michael look s like he's got something up his sleves and little baby Racheal looks just like her beautiful aunt Lindsey--heeheehee! I am really sorry that I missed that big day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Christopher! He does look particularly handsome in his new suit. Sad we missed the big day but glad it was a great day! - Jodi

    Congrats to Christopher. Great post Sach. Hey, about your awesome husband: I suppose he never told you the time he got set apart as a missionary. Not more than 10 minutes later, as we were driving home, Mr. New Missionary was in the car behind us...leaning out the window and throwing donuts. What does that mean about things that come in big packages??? Love you guys! - J e s s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, about that...I heard stories like yours from other aunts and uncles, you know, him being mischievious and all. He always tells me that he was misunderstood as a child. Well, I smell something fishy about that but as a wise women I decided to leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special day for Christopher, he does look handsome in his suit! I also hope you had a great birthday. Can't you hear the Korean food calling to us?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Christopher is so big! I am sorry I couldn't be there for the baptism. I am sure it was amazing. And I love that song! We love to sing it at our house all the time!
    Your husband is a great guy!
    And good things do come in small packages, look at you Sachiko!
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaron does have a great sense of humor. That's a cute reply. Congratulations to Christopher on his big day and congrat to the two of you for having an 8-yr old child! So many milestones happen so quickly from here. Crazy to think about! You kids are very lucky to have such great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He sounds so adorable! The smaller/shorters kids are the ones who get taller when they're in high school.


    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin