Saturday, December 13, 2008

Quilt and Christmas Decorations


As a quilter I was slacking the last few years. My I used to compete several quilts a year. Now I've had to slow down on quilting to make room for other projects. This year I completed 1 quilt and this quilt top, which I love. A good friend of mine gave me the pattern of this quilt as a gift. I wanted to make this quilt so bad that I stretched 24 hous a day to 27 hours a day. Now I'm thinking about how I should quilt this top.

I love fabrics! When I see beautiful fabrics my heart dances and starts wondering "What can I do with this?" I don't think I'll ever stop making quilts.

Hopefully when I'm like 80 years old, I'll still be quilting.

I'm not big on holiday decorations but every now and then I'll see something that I like and add it to my collectiion. Here are some Christmas decorations around my house.


I love snowglobes. I think there is a magical feel to them. I was looking for the perfect snowglobe for my home; when I saw this one, I knew this was it. It's not too flashy or too modern for my taste. Just right. The white color is peaceful and a little bit dreamy.



I found this Santa Claus at a local gift shop a few years ago. There were white ones and red ones. It took me a long time to decide which one I should take home, because I liked them both.



This is the chandelier above our dining table. Every year I dress it up with garland and mistle toe and silver ribbon. I love the warm feeling this light provides. I even love looking at the beautiful pattern on the ceiling.



The last one is something I made last year. I bought a styrofoam cone and lots of mint candies and candy canes at the dollar store and used a glue gun to make this decoration. I started from the bottom and worked my way up. It was such a fun and easy project to do and one of the most beloved Christmas decoration by my kids. In fact, they love it so much that every now and then I see evidence of someone touching and attempts to remove the candies. If you are thinking of making some decorations I highly recommend this one. In our household, kids are counting the days til Christmas and that is what makes me happy and makes me enjoy this holiday season the even more.

4 comments :

  1. I love Christmas decorations! I love putting them up! Maybe I will take a few pictures on my blog, sometime!
    Miss you guys!

    Check out my other blog sometime!
    www.mycurlyhairdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorations and your quilt top. I want to be like you when I finally grow up and have real decorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sachiko, just wanted to let you know that your custom memory kids' quilts and the quilt you made for Rachel when she was really little with the fur on it and stuff is what inspired the quilt I made and donated for my angel tree child. It was made for a 2 year old little boy. I was really proud of it because I got the top made in three nights after work. My mom helped me tie it and then helped me with binding off. Thanks for your inspiration. BTW I would love to be a fly on the wall in a fabric store when you are looking at new fabric. *~.^*

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, I'm friends with Tanya Roylance. I found you on her blog. I LOVE your store and blog!! I'm also on etsy at www.tinytinacreations.etsy.com
    see you there! ~Tina Mitchell

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin