Before I start this post, let me give a big THANKS to all of you who have left comments on the Ucreate guest blog post and on the giveaway! I felt much better after seeing some of the comments. If you haven't entered the giveaway, don't forget to do so, you still have time!
On the day of the post, my kids didn't have school, so I put them to work and we all cleaned the house. Christopher washed the windows, Michael vacuumed and mopped... Rachel, age four will sometimes make things more complicated than actually being helpful, so I gave her baby wipes and asked her to wipe the walls and the baseboards. That way, I wouldn't have to worry about chemicals or things getting damaged. They all did a wonderful job!!! What was I doing? I was sitting in front of the TV and eating Bon-Bons... NO, I washed all of our bedding on top of the regular laundry (6 loads!!), and did more micro-cleaning that I usually don't have enough time to do.
A clean house feels soo good! The kids were so proud of their work, and after that we had a fun time together.
After they went to bed, I made special cards for each one of them. They are titled "Fourteen Reasons I Love You". I thought about their good qualities and wrote them down. I am going to give them the cards with some special treats on Valentine's day.
Of course I have one for Mr. Tea Rose Home too.
If you are allergic to quarkiness, I advise you to stop reading here. Because, I am sharing the fourteen reasons why I love him below.
1. He makes the best scrambled eggs
2. He is knowledgeable
3. He is smart
4. He can play with the kids like he is one of them
5. He is very involved with the kids education and activities
6. He is very loyal and caring (How many times have I been in the hospital and surgeries ever since we got married?)
7. He is optimistic
8. He still thinks I am attractive. His eyesight is fine, just for the record. (It doesn't matter what others think, his opinion is the only one that's important!)
9. ...and he treats me as his wife, rather than the mother of his children
10. He is such a hard worker, always providing us with a roof over our heads and food on the table and beyond.
11. He happens to like my cooking. Thanks.
12. He is very supportive of the things I am interested in.
13.He has been keeping the promises he made when we got married to make me smile everyday of my life. Even the hardest days he manages to do so, it is amazing.
14.He has a big heart. Because of him I can be myself and not worry about the tiny things. He keeps inspiring me to want to be a better person.
There is more, but I guess I will save them for next year. I love Valentine's day. It is the day of love, I think I am going to spend quality time with my family.
Do you have "fourteen reasons" for your loved ones? Once you start thinking about them, it makes you feel happy.
Have a Happy, Happy Valentine's day.