Hi there! I realized the Valentine's day is just around the corner, and my house isn't decorated for the occasion at all. I am not big on decorating for each and every holiday, but I wanted something for my front door. So, I created a wreath with things I found around the house and some of my fabric stash. The beauty of this wreath is there is no sewing, no glueing and the whole thing took me about an hour!! This is a very fun last minute Valentine's project.
You will need:
1 wire hanger
1 yard of red thin fleece(that is what I had, but you can use regular fleece too)
Cotton batting strips (I had lot of left over strips from my quilt projects)
Ribbon or fabric strip to use as a ribbon
1. Use a wire hanger as the structure. Pull it and make a circle. It doesn't need to be perfect.
2. Cut the top part and bend. You will have an instant hook.
3. I made several long strips from my leftover cotton batting. They were about 3-4" wide. Wrapit around the wire circle until it get to your desired thikness.
4. I had 60" W X 1 yd of thin fleece like fabric. I cut 4- 2" X 60" strips. As in step 3, I wrapped it around the wreath.
5. When you are done, simply fold it in.
6. Cut 1" X 10" strips from all the rest of the red fabric. Tie around the wreath 2 peices at time. Tie them sporadically, so you will have enough to cover the whole thing, and fill in the open areas. If you want a fuller look you might want to add more strips.
7. I cut flannel fabric (3" wide), and I had made it into a bow. I love how the wreath looks on my black door!
One of my new year's resolutions is to be more resorceful. I am happy that I made this from things I already owned.