Friday, February 3, 2012

Hershey's Pom-Pom Pillow

It is February already, if I were to send you lovely friends a card, it might be something like this... hehehe ;)


Well, also, I want to share a little Valentine decoration tutorial that I did.


This project is super simple and quick, I whipped this one up in 30 minute start to finish. I found this little girl's t-shirt at a thrift store last summer for a dollar...


I don't go over board to decorate my house for every occasion, but I enjoy doing some. I thought it would be fun to have a Hershey's pillow. I don't expect that everyone has the same t-shirt, but if you have any t-shirts with fun and interesting prints this should work. :)

{How to}

1. Cut the t-shirt. I am not even going to write the measurements, because every shirt is different. Just cut the shirt according to where you want the print when you make that into a pillow, and decide on the measurements.


2. Lay the t-shirt fabric right sides together with pom-poms.


3. Secure them with pins all around.


4. leaving a 3"opening, sew around it using 1/4" seam. Using the zipper foot makes it easier.


5. Snip the corners for a clean finish.


6. Turn the fabric inside out and stuff. Slip stich closed.


It is time for you to enjoy the pillow!


Easy peasy huh? For some reason my kids got a kick out of the pillow and love it.

Whatever you do for this season, I wish you will share & feel lots of love and be happy (and eat some chocolate):)

13 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing this lovely tutorial :)


    http://alicecloset-sewing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! the pillow look awesome, beautiful chocoloate color pom pom. thanks for sharing.
    Im your follower and love your blog. I m hosting valentine giveaway,
    please take little time to visit my blog and leave your comment.
    http://daffysdream.blogspot.in/2012/02/valentine-days-giveaway.html
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!! Oh my goodness you are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! Now I know what I can do if there is a shirt of my sons that I just want to be able to keep! I love sentimental items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NIce! Great, simple, beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very very cute! My mom has a friend who needs one exactly like that. i will have to keep my eye out for a hershey's shirt:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! I scanned back through your other postings and your quilt was adorable. Thanks you for sharing some of the make over projects with us, love them!
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute! I wish I would have gotten a T shirt when I went to Hershey pa.:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love it! I will be searching for t shirts now!! Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute..great idea!!!
    Kim@madeinaday
    http:/madeinaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. che bel cuscino che hai realizzato, brava passa da me www.metalfimo2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin