Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kitchen Towel Apron

I shared a kitchen towel bag tutorial a while ago. When I bought that towel, I also bought this one too.


For the longest time, I couldn't decide what to make out of this, but finally I made up my mind.

I went through my stash and found several scraps that would go with the towel. I decided to make a patchwork apron. Since I had no plans whatsoever, I just made stuff up and cut here and cut there as I was sewing. So, sorry guys...no tutorial for this project.

And here is what I came up with...


I am pretty happy with the result, and started wearing it right away, I have so much to do around the house!


Usually I love really long aprons, but I had my little chefs in mind when I made this. I think I am going to sew a small button or something to the neck area so I can shorten it for them to wear as well.


What am I doing? Whipping cream with a happy tune. :)

21 comments :

  1. The apron turned out great! I really love the design on it as well.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You are so talented. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the apron! The towel print looks so amazing on the apron front along with the bias trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! A great idea!
    Congrats
    Charo
    www.cosiendoyaprendiendo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I love your new apron. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute apron! It makes me want to stamp forks and spoons and knives onto some fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. J adore ce tablier , tu as toujours plein de bonnes idées.

    A bientot
    Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonjour,

    J adore ce tablier, tu as toujours de bonnes idées pour tes créations!

    A bientot
    Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab idea - it looks great! Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I have a bad case of
    "cut here and there' envy!!
    I just can't seem to take off on
    my own like that and just whip
    something up! Thanks for sharing!
    You always have something great
    to share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is great - I love the colours and the binding / ties. I have a weakness for aprons :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sachiko,

    I was awarded the Versatile Blogger award and I'd like to pass it on to you - if you accept them. I really enjoy your blog and have learned much from it. Your work and enthusiasm never ceases to inspire me. If you'd like to accept, go to this link - http://ramblingsofahappyhomemaker.blogspot.com/2012/02/whoo-hoo-id-like-to-thank-kari-from.html

    Praying you come through all of your procedures with flying colors,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok I'll forgive for the no tutorial BUT I must know-- did you make the edging or is that super cool binding tape?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too Cute !

    I'd even think about cooking if I had this apron.

    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Taysha-

    Hahaha...thank you for forgiving me. :) I made that bias tape out of the same scraps I used for the apron.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this project! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin