Monday, December 17, 2012

Tutorial ~ Square Scarf with Pom-poms

When I picked up the beautiful fabric by Amy Butler(Cameo Forget Me Not/Midnight)at Harmony, I knew I wanted to make a scarf. So I did. The fabric is 100% cotton; very soft, it is just like Tana Lawn from liberty.

After I share my tutorial, you will be amazed at how easy it is, you might wanna make a few.:)

{You will need}

1 yard of Fabric
Matching Thread
4 yard of Pom-poms

{How to}

1. I bought 1 yard of fabric, but I wanted to make my scarf square. So I cut off the side and made a 36"x 36" square.

2. Fold the edges. To avoid the corners from becoming bulky, snip the corners of the square...

Then fold the edges twice; 1/4" each time to make mitre corners.

3. Lay pom-pom trim on the folded seam and pin it in place. Use zig-zag stitches and sew all the way around the square.


I feel like when you are woking with such beautiful fabric, you don't need to do much.

I sure enjoyed the new scarf. The color of turquois will be a great accent for much of my wordrobe.


  1. Wow, another great project! Thanks for sharing.

  2. love this Sachiko!!! So cute, thank you for sharing!

  3. Hi there! I was curious if you pre-washed this fabric before you created the scarf? Thanks!

  4. That is so cute!! How did you tie it??? Thanks!

  5. Hi everyone, thank you for your comments!

    No, I didn't prewash the fabric. I didn't really think about it. I hope the shrinkage isn't too much. Oops.

    Nancy B-
    I folded the scarf in to a triangle, then put it my back (the center of the triangle is on my back) and I wrapped the ends around my neck and tied it in back once.

  6. wow, I enjoy learning to make this scarf and it is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us the tutorials. Best wishes, Sandra

  7. so cute!

  8. It's really a great scarf! Where did you get the pretty pom poms? I keep finding them at Joanns and they are not very pretty--colors or they look a bit cheap. Plus that color is beautiful.

  9. Unknown-

    I found the pom-poms at Joanns. I know! You never know what they have, and I feel like they've started carrying more cute trims.

  10. Thank you for all your tutoriel . I put some of them on my Pinterest ... Bravo .


Blog Widget by LinkWithin