Monday, July 28, 2014

Quick Bag Refashion

In the middle of July, our family took a week long Vacation... We had a lot of fun, but the SUPER long driving exhausted us. After we came back, we have been taking it easy and today, I finally transferred the pictures to my desktop. I will share the pictures soon, but I have a small makeover project to share.

When we went to Kinokuni-ya (Japanese book store) in Seattle I bought a few Japanese magazines. This small tote bag came with one of them.

I decided to add a big bow in front to hide the words and added the same fabric on the handles. It was a fun and quick project.

I am so glad that I didn't give it away to DI. Rachel loves the big bow and the colors. This will be a perfect scripture bag for her!

5 comments :

  1. Clever idea and beautiful bag after the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you added something to the handles. It makes it look like that's how it was purchased! I love how it turned out. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments Anu and Lynette!

    Lynette-
    At first I was just thinking about adding a bow and it seemed like a better idea to have the same fabric on the handles too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative! Love the idea of reusing a bag with a logo on it. I think I have a few free bags lying around...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin