Monday, July 21, 2014

Skirting the Issue/ My two tutorials


What is Skirting the issue? My dear friend Liz and Elizabeth of Simple Simon & Co started this month long event a few years ago. Basically you are invited to sew along with them and other bloggers who are sharing their tutorials and making skirts to donate to local Foster Care centers. If you want to find out more details, you can find the answers on their blog.

I look at my own life, we are not rich by any means, but my kids have a stable home, the basic necessities and more, above all, Mr. TRH and I love them very much. Wouldn't it be nice if we could do something to put a smile on a girl's faces who needs more love, encouragement, and support?

Here are the tutorials that I am sharing. When you click the link or the pictures, it will take your right to the tutorials.


Instapocket skirt --- This is one of the most favorite skirt tutorials I have created. You get to use different fabrics and create a unique boutique look. You can totally make this skirt without the pom-poms and it will still look pretty.


Geometric Two Layered Skirt I created this for Joann fabrics craft month. You may not have the desire nor the time to do customized fabric, but you can see how you can create a two layered skirt with this tutorial. It is not complicated at all!


So, what do you say? Do you have a fabric stash you don't know what to use for? Please head over to Simple Simon & Co and find out more about it.

Happy sewing! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin