Friday, August 7, 2009

Fourteen years and counting


Yeap, that's us; my red headed husband and I. A few years ago, I found these pezz dispensers and had to get them. Popeye doesn't have a beard, so I bought Brutus (and, he looks more like my husband). I painted the black hair to red and gave it to my husband as a gift. He got a kick out of it.

As you can see in the picture, my husband's pezz is more worn out. Kids love this and often play with it. He had to fight off super heroes and villian figures.
In real life it is kind of a similar story, he goes to work everyday so I get to be a stay-at-home mom and take care of the kids. He loves us and takes care of us. In that way he is my super hero.



Our fourteenth anniversary is coming up in next week. He is taking me away for a nice get away this weekend! This is actually our first time doing something like this, we always had a bunch of reasons not to go. In fourteen years we had been through a lot, many, many medical problems (mostly mine), loss of jobs etc... but those hardships brought us closer, and made us stronger as a couple. We are NO WHERE NEAR PERFCT, that is why we stay together, help each other, so we can become better people.

I remember lots of great moments and I am looking forward to many more of those in the years to come. He is my best friend, he understands me, and supports me. It may not be easy to be a husband of a girl with many hobbies and is addicted to fabrics; but he does a great job. If there is such a thing as a "best husband award" he will definately get it (sorry ladies, it's true).

I am so excited, I can't wait to get our weekend started! I'll be back on Monday, everyone have a great weekend!

8 comments :

  1. Happy Anniversary...and your wedding dress is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming post!! And thanks for sharing that beautiful wedding portrait. I got a kick out of the pex people. : )
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
    M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your anniversary get-away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! :) Your wedding photo is gorgeous and your post is so sweet. Cheers to many more years to come! Hope you guys have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que d'amour dans cet article. J'ai le même parcours: mon mari travaille, je suis restée à la maison pour les enfants et malgré les soucis ( santé et perte d'emploi) nous sommes très heureux!
    Heureux anniversaire de mariage et le meilleur reste à venir!
    Sorry I understand english but it is difficult for me to write. I am belgian et my mother language is french

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! I hope you have a great anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sachiko, you are awesome!!! I can't imagine that being married to you is anything BUT easy!!! Congrats, and I love your wedding picture.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin