Monday, August 17, 2009

The Story of the Wisdom Book


About four years ago, near the end of my pregnancy with Rachel, my dear friends threw a baby shower for me. Before the shower, I made a small booklet with a pink cover. I wanted the guests to write down some wisdom they learned over the years that they could share with Rachel. I thought that when she is older and ready, we can sit down together and read it. I belive we all have something to share and can enrich each others lives. All the gifts I recived for the baby were great, but the things written down in the small booklet I treasure the most.

One of my dear friends, who helped with my shower, was throwing a baby shower for her sister recently and asked me to make a personalized booklet. I was so flattered that she still remembered it and of couse I said, "Yes!" The picture above is the one I created for her sister's baby.

It is very simple to make, but what's written down holds such great value. Wisdom is one of the greatest gifts we can receive, don't you think?

2 comments :

  1. It's funny I have been talking about journals recently, I'm trying to put my thoughts and feelings down because as I get older I realise how important it is for those you leave behind. This is a wonderful idea and a precious gift.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and nice keepsake

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin