For this month's Dad Does Dinner challenge, they decided to do something to aid in the humanitarian relief efforts goin on on behalf of Japan.
Here is the idea in Tyra's words;
Our idea is to ask Dads & Moms how much it would cost them to take their entire family out to eat for a very nice dinner. As I'm sure you know, it gets pretty expensive to eat out! We'd like parents to then consider cooking their family a delicious dinner at home instead of going out and simply donating the amount of money they saved by eating in to any Japanese humanitarian relief effort of their choice. We believe this will have several positive effects:
1. It will give families the opportunity to feel like they can make a collective big difference without having to donate enormous sums of money.
2. It will encourage parents to talk - at one of the proven most impactful places in a household, around the dinner table - with their kids about what's going on in Japan.
3. It will remind us all how fortunate we are to be sitting down together, as a family, safely in our intact homes for a simple hot meal. In a nutshell, aren't these the things that so many of us really wish we could give back to those people in Japan?
Isn't this a great idea? Taking this challenge not only gives you a chance to help others, there are some positive effects in our own families too! Also when I visited their blog I noticed that they have list of various charities you can donate.
Please head over to see how you can participate, and start cooking!
Now, I am ready to start the link party, are you?
1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.
2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.
3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.
Now, Let's see what you've been up to!!