Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Link Party No.49/ Tutorial~ Fancy Gloves

Hi all, I did a guest post a while ago at Scraps & Scribbles. I came up with this tutorial with dollar store gloves and leftover table cloth fabric from past projects. I use these every day, and for a dollar, it is truly a useful and fun project, I hope you will give it a try! ;)

I like to wear rubber gloves when I clean my house, or wash the dishes; especially during the winter. Without the gloves my hands get so dry damaged, if I borrow my little girl’s words, "Mommy, your hands looks like old person." Ugh!

Although, the ones I find at the stores are too short for my taste. I like long ones that will cover to my elbows. One day, on my usual dollar store trip, I found these. It said industrial gloves, OK, I will give it a try.



{You will need}

Rubber gloves (make sure to buy thick and strong ones. Otherwise all your effort will be wasted in a couple uses)

Table cloth fabric (vinyl looking one)

Matching thread

If you want to embellish them, ribbons and other items

{How to}

1. Measure the gloves around the opening.


2. Add 1/4" seam allowance to both sides and cut table cloth fabric. Sew both sides.
My cuffs are 5" tall, but you can adjust it for your likings.




3. Use pins to attach the cuff and the glove, right sides together and sew.



4. Turn.


5. Fold the edge twice, zigzag stitch to finish.


6. I added ribbon & gems to finish it up.





Isn't it fun? I hope you enjoyed the tutorial as much as I enjoyed the process of making the gloves. I love how it turned out and with very little cost. Not only is this perfect for me, I know quite a few people that would love these. You know what that means... this will make a great gift too!

Now, I am wearing my "fancy gloves"...I better go scrub my walls. :)

Ok, go ahead everyone, please link up and show off your creativeness!

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




Now, Let's see what you've been up to!!

20 comments :

  1. I'm going to head to the dollar store and get me some gloves!! Great idea and wonderfully easy tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea... thanks for the tip about using the industrial gloves! I could use those, my hands already look like old person hands! Thanks for the party! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT glove idea. I love them. I think I may make a pair for everyone now! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a "fun" way to do your housework!
    Love them!!
    And thanks for the tutorial!

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gloves! That is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gloves are lovely and so practical too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been hunting all over the world for cute table cloth fabric! Where did you find that precious damask? So far it's checkers...checkers...and a few red and white checkers. I'm going to try this out for sure! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those gloves! I am already planning out which of the women on my Christmas list I should give these to! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant...you did a great job...I have some pink ones I use in an attempt to feel glam while washing the dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is a fabulous idea and i think it might get me to clean the bathroom more often if i had those to wear. i think i will check out the dollar store soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute gloves! Any help making cleaning fun is great--thanks for hosting
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those gloves look fabulous! I might not even mind cleaning so much if I were wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute gloves! I will have to give them a try. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute gloves, what a great idea! These would make great gifts for mother's day too....I think I just found my next project :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE those gloves!! Why sacrific style when you are cleaning?

    Thanks for hosting each week!

    amber @ barbwired

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those gloves! What a great idea, I just love making "everyday" items pretty and different. I may actually wear them and then actually do some scrubbing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how long they are! I always get water going in my gloves. Definitely going to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there Tea Rose! We think your crafty project tutorial is great, and we want to share it with other sewers and quilters by featuring a link on www.WeAllSew.com! We’ll be featuring your project tutorial at our "Free Stuff" page all next week. Please let me know if you have any questions about being featured at WeAllSew.com. Thanks so much-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the inspiration! I made a pair for a pen friend chain letter. Take a look! http://tastecraftiness.blogspot.com/2016/05/deco-rubber-gloves.html

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin