Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Liberty of London Button Bracelet

I shared how I found some Liberty of London fabrics in my stash and how I used them to make fabric covered buttons several posts ago...

Well, I keep finding good uses for these fabrics. I will share what I’ve done and the tutorial for it next week. Meanwhile, I am sharing some pictures of bracelets today.

I wanted some eclectic, fun, and slightly chunkier bracelets for myself. I decided to mix oversized buttons and beads with the fabric covered buttons that I made with my beloved Liberty of London fabrics.

All I did was to use elastic for jewelry making, threaded the buttons and beads. Tie the ends and apply some super glue... that is it! Isn't it so easy? I bet this will be a fun gift exchange idea for Christmas too!
Here are the lancelets...


I like them all; it is so much fun to think about what you can wear with them. I feel like a plain t-shirt could even look interesting with these bracelets.

Red & Orange,


Mauve & Blue,


Green & Brown,



Which one do you like best?


My favorite? I must say the red one.


I feel like I put the covered buttons to good use, and the best part is, if I ever change my mind, I can cut the elastic anytime I want and use them for something else, isn't that awesome? :)

9 comments :

  1. I love them, the last one in pink is my fave but they are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always go after pink, but the orange, green and brown ones are so pretty!
    What a great idea. Now to go look through all my buttons. And maybe my moms and grandmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bracelets are adorable! So bright and colorful. I love the combination of beads,regular buttons, and covered buttons. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how many color variations you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourites have to be the mauve & brown one :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. I have sooo many buttons. I think I will try to make one. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! I love love love these bracelets! Such a nifty idea, can't wait to try it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you find the cute flower buttons. I've never seen those before!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin