Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Wensleydale Quilt for My Son

At the end of last year, I decided to make a quilt for my oldest son. Sure, I made several quilts and blankets for him in the past, but not as a grown man. The great thing is, I already had a pattern in mind. It was Wensleydale by Jen Kingwell. Jen came to town last August and I attended her trunk show with my friend. I enjoyed looking at all her quilts, but the Wensleydale quilt stuck out to me and I thought to myself; that would be perfect for my boys.
There is an option to create this quilt with templates or use foundation papers. I decided to do the foundation paper method and the process went pretty fast.
I am normally drawn to floral patterns and bright colors, but I really enjoyed going through my stash to look for different types of patterns and colors. After I pieced them all, I decided to hand quilt it and started the process. Then...
While I was still working on his quilt, he got engaged!!!! I know! My first born, my baby got engaged! We were all so happy; I realized that I needed to start working on the wedding quilt for him and his fiance! Ever since I had kids, I always wanted to make wedding quilts for them when they are getting married. I am a bit slow on posting, but my son already got married earlier this summer, but I was able to finish both quilts a couple nights before the wedding, phew! That will be a story for another post. ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin