Friday, May 1, 2009

New stitchery pattern

I have been designing and selling stitchery patterns for almost 6 years now under the name of "Just A Stitch Away". I am not a big time designer or anything like that, but it is awesome. I do something I love and I earn money to support my fabric obsession. At first I was so commited and sometimes produced three patterns a month. Over the last several years I have been slacking, I design new patterns every now and then, but not like when I started.

I have been wanting to get more involved in stitchery pattern design and do more. Last week I created this one.



Today I drop them off at a couple quilt stores, and by next week hopefully a couple more will follow.

I am very excited! As I was stitching the samples for the stores, I remembered how much I enjoyed doing this. I have several designs drawn up, I just need to gett my act together and start stitching!

Tonight is an exception, I just want to relax and enjoy a movie or two with my hubby.

8 comments :

  1. you are awesome...i love that you are selling these at real stores. good job! i got your invite to the open house but I'll be at work that night...can I come over another time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! Just let me know when you want to come over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know exaaaaactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pattern! I think its so cool that you really did it. I always just talked about selling those things. Good job. So if you want an American Girl doll, you'll have to come visit your favorite Texan and go to the store with me. OR I guess you could just order one online. www.Americangirlstore.com Rachel would love a Bitty Baby. They're kind of pricey, but so cute and my love them. Plus Grandma has bought most of them and the stuff so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute, Sachiko! I used one of your patterns to make a baby sampler for my little boy who is 5 now. I still love it. I think you do great things! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that! I want one for each of my girls!!! But I would have to buy one made!
    You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Sachiko!

    I stumbled onto your blog, and just wanted to let you know that your work is beautiful, and so elegant! I'm a fellow designer as well, and I love your dainty and lovely style, and I'm pretty sure I've seen your patterns before. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin