Thursday, May 7, 2009

Post open house



Yes, last night was the "Open house"...the results? It was wonderful!!
For several days, I stayed up late to make some more stuff, made signs, did pricing, BOY, there was so much to do. Who cares that I had circles under my eyes and needed whole bottle of concealer in the morning, or sewed my finger with the sewing machine (it really happened, but, I am proud to say that I did not get any blood on the item I was sewing). No pain no gain right?

I was almost hyperventilating just before the party because I was so nervous; I was afraid that no one would show up for the open house. It started out slow... then, eventually my tiny house was filled with lots of women and thier chatting sounds. You know, the good kind of fun noises!

I just want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all, who helped me with this party, and the friends who came!! And my wonderfult husband who didn't mind taking the kids to eat out at Del Taco for the night. I really appreciate your love and support!

I sold lots of bows and some other items, Yeah! The best part of it all was visiting with everybody. I have done the home parties at other peoples' homes but this was a totally new experience. My friend Marnie and I had lot of fun; we talked about doing this again! (well, it is not official, we just talked about it).

Although I had a good turn out, I still have more items. I will soon list them on my etsy store.



Well I am off to sew more stuff for the special orders. See you at next post!

6 comments :

  1. I'm so glad that it was such a great success!

    I didn't hear about it, until it was too late to ask for some time away from work for that evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed it Sachicko! We are moving tomorrow and I remembered about 2 in the morning that it was happening. I figured you wouldn't appreciate me showing up then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica- I am so sorry to hear that you didn't have enough time to make arrangements with work. If I decided to do the open house again, I want to do a better job of letting people know. Oh, by the way, are you still excepting donations for your friend?

    Girlsmama- I missed you, but I totally understand your situation. Hope your move to the new house will be smooth and...well, it will be a lots of work huh...Good luck!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man it looks like you had a great time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry that I missed it! I was out of town or I would have been there. I hope you do it again and are willing to invite me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wish I could have been there! I check out your shop all the time! I want to get something but I just can't decide what!
    I would have loved to be there for the chatting too!
    I miss you lady! I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin