Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Summer to Fall

We had a slow start when it comes to decorating for the fall, but last weekend we finally got our pumpkins! It made me want to decorate my house for the season. Here are the some pictures around my house.

The wreath set the tone for the front of the house...


This is my very first and only black quilt. I think it is the perfect color for the cold season.


I love small pumpkins! I picked out several of them, I decided to put five of them on the fireplace mantle.


I love love small white pumpkins! I had to get some but you know what my 6 year old said? "Mom, white punpkins are dumb. It's not orange."

"Yeah, son I know that... isn't that obvious?"


I was wamtomg to do this ever since I finished making the shelf! During the Summer, I decorated the shelf with lots of whites. Now, I've added some stuff, removed some stuff, and moved some stuff around, and created a fall look.


I am not big into Halloween decorations, but I am all for fall decorations. It is so fun to celebrate and enjoy each season, don't you think so?

I want to pick a perfect day and go on a "leaf hunt" with my children. I think it will be so fun to do some art projects with them. Do you have any fun family traditions or activities that you do during the fall? If you do, please let me know, I would love to hear from you all!

8 comments :

  1. Your decorations look lovely. I too don't like to decorate for Halloween and opt to do the fall thing as well.
    When we homeschooled years ago we would go apple picking every fall and make apple fritters and apple butter. We also had a local farm that had a petting zoo with hay rides and a cider mill. Apple Cider...definitely a fall must. Love your leaf hunt idea. We woud make leaf rubbings with the pretty ones we found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so lovely! I do like fall decorating too. It's so cold up here at night now (northern Maine) that my pumpkins will freeze and rot waaaaay before THanksgiving. I'll have to bring the ones I want to eat inside....

    Leaves are already gone here....:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!! I'm exactly the same way, I love fall decor so much, but I'm not a big fan of Halloween. And I love your shelf so much!! I wish I had one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt. And your decorations are lovely. I agree with you, I love fall decor which leads right into Thanksgiving time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a halloween girl either, but love fall. Your decorations look simply wonderful. I love little fall touches every where around the house. Yours are great! Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled across your blog and LOVE your creativity!!! I'm now a faithful follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fall decorations are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin