Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Look for Our Kiddie Table and Chairs


Back in March I posted about my $2 garage sale find, a kiddie table and a second hand store chair. I have been wanting to refinish them for a long time and finally, I did it!

I used some left over paint from this project and gave them a new clean look, and I think it makes a big difference!


I know I was the only one in my family who was annoyed by the baby blue chair. I love the color, but I don't have any baby blue colors on the entire first floor. It always looked out of place.

Now, the kids have a pretty place to draw and do some crafts. (They probably didn't care what color the chair was or that the paint on the table was peeling, but I did!)

I cut out a square with pinking scissors from oil cloth scrap to make a little coaster to put under the pencil mug.


Then, some treats for the little artists...


I already see scraches and colors from crayons... There were several times I wanted to say " Ahh!! Don't do that, you will ruin the table!" but I held my tongue. I really want them to enjoy the table and remember it as part of happy childhood memories.

So, I think I am going to make a table cloth or craft mat for the table out of oil cloth, wouldn't it be so cute?

6 comments :

  1. I want a table and chairs like that! I think D would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had to smile when i read you saw that they had crayon makrs on the newly painted table. I do so know what you mean, but you are right in thinking let them have fun so they can have fond memories of their childhood. They are only small once. oilcloth covered top sounds great. It will bring a pop of color and keep the table clean. everyone is happy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that mug of colored pencils. you are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about putting some poly on the table top? Then it wouldn't ruin the wood, but then I don't think you would be able to repaint it. You'll have to ask somebody that has used poly before, because I haven't, yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest/coolest table. I'm looking for something like that. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie's reading over my shoulder and just commented, "Sachiko's so creative!" Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin