Friday, November 27, 2009

Pretty Things

I had a wonderful time with my family on Thanksgiving day. Also, I have been a good girl, avoiding movie watching and trying to make stuff for my etsy shop. The Holiday Boutique starts on Monday! The day is getting closer and I am getting more anxious...

I have lots of craft and tutorial ideas, but I don't have any time left to do those right now. So, I will share something else today.

One morning (sometime last week) when I woke up, for some reason I knew the day was going to be a good day...

B I N G O!

I had 20 minutes until I had to pick up the boys from school, so I decided to "peek" in at one of the thrift stores that I usually go to. You never know what you will find, so, just in case...

Then I found these:

I love vintage linens! I found four beautiful pillow cases. I have been collecting them, but finding ones with a pretty design in such a good condition is hard to come by. I love shabby chic style so I can use them as is or I might make a quilt out of them someday. With the blue one, I am even thinking about making Rachel a summer dress!


Also, I found these:


Two children's books. They both were in such good condition, when I got home and cleaned them, they look like they were brand new books. I especially love this one:


The book was printed in the early 1970's. See how pretty the illustrations are! They remind me of some of the books I read when I was a little girl.


When I feel like the pressures of doing the holiday boutique is building up I take a small break and looks at the pictures. (I am running around all over the place, saying "I need to do this and that" or " I don't have much time!") I guess there is a reason why I found them when I did...

I know these books will be perfect additions to Rachel's bookshelf. I hope she will enjoy them and treasure them in the years to come.

7 comments :

  1. I love it when we find unexpected treasures to add to our collections--nice finds--love the pillow cases--i collect them--but usually just the embroidery ones--and I also love to collect kids books--and My kids are "old" and I have no grandkids--but like you I just enjoy them and the photos all by myself!!!
    Hugs, DI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect those old vintage pillow cases too. I haven't decided what I am going to do with them yet...

    I love stopping by the thrift stores. You just never know what you will find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely finds! I just love meandering thru thrift stores and finding those unexpected bargains!

    Can't wait to see what your shop will have on Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those pillowcases are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pillow cases you found , I just found a vintage sheet..{which my friend said mmm if i found that I would have looked at it and thought "alot of people have slept on that"} anyhow I'm thinking of making into a couple different aprons:} love,love love your page! thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- I have both of those books! I actually have almost all of that set of 1970s colour-illustrated fairy tale books, rather than just the one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin