Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Link Party No.72!

Hi everyone, the Link Party is baaack! I am not recovering quickly enough, but I am better enough to host a link party. :) I will take a break from "Untold story of my medical history" today... What do you have up your sleeves this week?

I have a small tutorial that I want to share too!


I found this embellishment for a scrap book section at a craft store a while ago, and I think it was 75% off, so it was really, really cheap.


1. Take the navy one and sew with big stitches. Pull the thread to gather the ribbon, and sew the ends together.


2. To make the leaf part, fold one end of the zipper as the picture is showing (about 2") and stitch it to hold it in to place.


3. Take the rest of the zipper and fold it towards the center and stitch.


4. Repeat the process to make the third leaf.


5. Sew the flower onto the leaf portion.


6. Sew large button in the middle.


7. Take the studs and cut off the unwanted part. Flatten the access metal. I used E-6000 to glue it on the button.


8. Sew the pin onto the circular felt and glue that on the back of the flower.


I like the uniqueness of this brooch; I could decorate one of my bags or baskets with it. :)

OK, now it is your turn, go ahead link up, visit each other and have fun! Please play it by the rules, sometimes there is clearly just advertisement for business websites linked up, and that is not fair to others.

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




16 comments :

  1. Very pretty brooch..thank you so much for a great tutorial and also for hosting the link party. :)

    I am glad to hear that you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this brooch! Thanks for sharing and thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so much fun seeing what everyone is making. What a talented bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to be here! Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hostessing the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love what you made from scrapbooking bits!!

    and thanks for hosting a party for everyone else even when you're not 100%!! you will feel bettr real soon!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely turned out! Thanks for the MC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better soon!!!
    Thanks for hosting the party and for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting! I like your use of zipper in this tutorial. It gives a unique look!
    Wishing for your speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting, hope your feeling a little better! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty brooch! Thanks for sharing such a great project and for hosting the link party. AJ@queenofmynest

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've linked up, I'm currently working on my "burger dress" for halloween!

    (can be found here: http://www.staciechadwick.com/2011/10/fry-purse.html )

    I love the brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your brooch!! Such a great idea to use those awesome scrapbook embellishments. I'll be checking those out from now on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you're feeling better! Thank you for hosting!

    -Janelle
    homemadethisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting when you are not feeling 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful brooch, I'm happy you feel a better:-)
    I'm having a blog swap, you can participate in all the world!!!!
    http://orlosubito.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-trueque.html

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin