Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Christmas Package from Japan



Just before Christmas, I received a package from my mom in Japan. Among many goodies for the whole family, there were two wrapped gifts just for me... do you want to guess what they were?

Ta-da!(followed by a scream of joy)



If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I have a thing for fabrics from Liberty of London. There is a fabric store in the area I used to live and they sell fabrics by "Liberty Japan". There are original designs from Liberty of London, but printed in Japan. Oh how I LOVED going to that store... While my friends spent their money on clothing or for clubbing, I spend mine on sewing books and fabrics after payday. I was one of their loyal customers. :)

Here are some of my favorites...



Most of them are 50 cm long. Right now I am just in the looking and touching stage and haven't decided what I am going to do with them. They are such precious pieces of fabrics, I have to be sure before I cut them. I had this greedy thought that I wish I had more yardage for the ones that I absolutely LOVE, so I could make some dresses or tops for this summer. (bad Sachiko, bad)

I am going to have another procedure on the 29th, so while I am recovering I will have plenty of time to think of what to do with those fabrics. When I called my mom to thank her for the package, she started crying and apologizing for not being here to help me after the procedures. I have to say it was totally her fault that I started crying too, I guess it is contagious even over the phone...

I am so grateful that she is my mother, and it is such a nice feeling to know that I have someone that loves me and cares about me even though we are thousands of miles apart from each other.

Thanks mom for the Christmas packages and so much more.

12 comments :

  1. What a lovely package! Those prints are perfect - I can't wait to see how you use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like
    Mother's Love.
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mother always knows her daughter's heart. It's been a year today that I stumbled upon my first blog ... Tea Rose Home an it opened a whole new and wonderful world to me. Most importantly, thank you for sharing your story. I keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful fabric. I love it. What a wonderful package to receive from your mom so far away. I hope that your procedure goes well and that you recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that is so pretty! mega fabric envy right here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great gift. I love the vintage looking wrapping paper too. I love Liberty London fabric. They make great scarves =)


    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet!
    Hope your next procedure goes well!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet!
    Hope your next procedure goes well!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet. Hope your procedure goes well!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooo but I am struggling to not be jealous! I LOVE liberty fabric! Someday I am going to break down and buy some of that wonderful stuff and do something really cool with it. I did get the Liberty sewing book for Christmas:) It's beautiful.
    Happy dreaming of what you will make!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice for you... really being a mom is the bestest thing in the whole world. I'm sure that whatever you make you will see your mom in it and think of her each and every time you see that item.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin