Monday, December 19, 2011

Sachiko Lately



It has been almost two weeks since the last procedure. Usually I am up and about around the house in 3-4 days and in a week or so I can handle the regular routine. Also the pain is something I can manage, not too bad.

This time it was a whole new experience. The formula the doctors used is different. With the new formula, the area that sclerosed will be permanent. My body may still form new veins, but I don't have to worry about old ones reopening. To me that is amazing news, and again, it is a testament for being hopeful paying off! Who knows, they might find a cure for me someday.

But you know what... this time the recovery is so much more painful and taking a LOT longer. The first three nights I couldn't sleep very well; I would just doze off and wake up with shocking pain. I have a bunch of DVD of Japanese TV shows I didn't have time to watch for a long time, so I just laid on the bed and watched them.

I just have to keep in mind that this treatment is permanent and take them one treatment at a time. It will be worth it right?

They found a bunch of areas that they can treat. So over the next several months, my life will be all about the procedure and recovery. Between those times, if I have some days that are good, I can use the time for my family and creating & blogging... you know, priorities.

I hope you guys will understand when you come back and my posts are little "blah".

Today, for the first time in 12 days I held the needle to start quilting the quilt above. I used a charm pack a got at the bloggers meet up in May to make this quilt. I pieced the top and basted it before the procedure, I am so glad that I have something to work on right now! Ah....I love it.
I love quilting by hand, and especially at times like this, it is so therapeutic. I am so grateful that I found something I LOVE at an early age.

Big thanks to family and friends for your lovely notes, meals and helping hands. I deeply appreciate you. Although I am enjoying the quilting, watching TV and reading books, this is the type of vacation with pain, so I don't think you should envy me. :)

This is my latest, but don't worry I am doing ok. I am keeping my wit and humor, and my spirit is high. Love you all, and I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season! Talk to you soon. :)

27 comments :

  1. It will be worth it. And your posts are never "blah". Try to enjoy the holidays. You are an amazing lady.
    liZ
    (simplesimonandco)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks lovely! Glad to hear the procedure went well and I hope you continue to heal as quickly as possible. Take care of you and your family; there will always be time to blog later but not always time to be with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sachiko,
    I hope and pray that you will recover quickly from your procedure. It sounds really hard but if the new technique might end the neverending procedures, it's worth it.
    I really admire how calm and faithful you are, and how you make the best of it!
    Hope that you and your family enjoy a wonderful christmas despite the painful recovery.

    Greetings from Germany
    Reini

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOur quilt is beautiful.

    Now, you just blog when you feel like it and don't worry about what you're blogging about. You have a lot of readers and we care about you and your health, so whilst you're going through this difficult time, just blog when you feel like it and about whatever you want. We'll still be here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new quilt is beautiful. I pray that your recovery will be swift and that while you are getting better you will be surrounded by love, peace and joy especially at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sachiko, I wish you a very prompt recovery and hope the treatment will ensure you will feel better soon. Best wishes for the holidays. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. May you and your family have a very blessed Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year. Thank you for sharing your beautiful handiwork, I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healing vibes headed your way. I hope you feel more like yourself very soon. The new procedures sound very promising. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are starting to feel better :) Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there. As I mentioned before I too have a genetic condition that causes pain…lots and lots of pain. But like you I always look forward and I will do anything if it will bring more quality of life. It will get better and it will be worth it. I also get a painful procedure and usually I recover in 4-5 days but i have had some wing dingers that knocked me down for 7 days- in bed, not evening watching TV cuz I just didn't feel well enough. It is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas Sachiko and may you heal quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you are back to doing a little quilting. Sewing something always makes me feel better, and more normal in crazy times of life. I hope that the procedure works well, and that you're able to heal quickly. How great it is that they have new things to try to help you feel better in the long run! Thanks for the update, I always love hearing how you're doing after your surgeries. Thinking about you often!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love you, too.
    You're on my mind.
    I send you Positive Thoughts and Energies.
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is as beautiful as your creative, courageous spirit. I hope that this holiday season and new year bring good things and good healing to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is never 'blah'. You are a special lady ,mom and wife. I love your posts and your creativity. Thank you for being a blessing in my life.
    I am praying for you, Sachiko.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't think your blog is ever blah! i always look forward to it! I purchased a kit to make a quilt such as yours but am too afraid to start. :) I know--I am a slow-goer.
    This new treatment, although painful, sounds so exciting! I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Have a cozy comfy holiday and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Sachiko, we will be praying for you. God bless you! I'm sending love over the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i really wish you all the best! with all this pain you are going through, keep up a good spirit! and your posts are amazing...never blah.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This will all be worth it. My prayers and thoughts will be with you through out this time. Try to keep your spirits up even though you are suffering with pain. I love the quilting that you are doing. I have always found creating a great source of comfort when nothing else seems to help, so keep on creating.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear sweet Sachiko - don't worry about disappointing us with these temporary changes to your blogging time. This won't be forever - right? You just concentrate on your healing body and your sweet spirit so that you can experience as much healing and peace as possible. Your quilt is just so beautiful and I'm so happy for you too that you have it to help you spend your down time. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear sweet Sachiko - don't worry about disappointing us with these temporary changes to your blogging time. This won't be forever - right? You just concentrate on your healing body and your sweet spirit so that you can experience as much healing and peace as possible. Your quilt is just so beautiful and I'm so happy for you too that you have it to help you spend your down time. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sachiko san..
    Hope you feel better and get to have a good Christmas and New Year..

    Odaijini..

    *sending lots of positive vibes along your way*

    *HUGS* - Sue, Kyoto

    ReplyDelete
  23. God bless you and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have such an inspiring outlook on life! I am so sorry yo have to suffer so much, but it is wonderful that there is a hope of these treatments being permanent and not reopening. Have a wonderful Christmas! You are in my thoughts and prayers although I have never actually met you.

    And the quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your beautiful quilt. I do hope your pain goes away soon so that you may have lovely times with your family. Take care. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin