Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Our Little Bodyguard

A little over a year ago Christopher started taking Tae Kwon Do lessons. A few days ago he had a belt advancedment test. His grandma, aunt, cousins, and one of his uncles, along with dad, me, and his siblings of course, showed up to cheer him on.

He did all the forms, blocks, kicks, and punches. At the end he had to break a board. Christopher didn't know if he could do it and he was nervous. My very talkative son was very quiet that day. Ok, here it comes:



He did it!!!!



Here he is posing with one of his two instructors. His instructors signed the broken pieces of wood for him. We were all so proud of him.

This was one of several milestones he has passed, he has many more in front of him. This was certainly a special day for him, and me. He is growing up.

6 comments :

  1. Way to go Christopher! That was an awesome video! It made me laugh to see his surprise when he really did it...we can do things that we don't think we can!

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Christopher! That is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so impressive! I love that he hops around and checks his foot a lot. I think I would, too! What a great job, Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you, Christopher. That was INSANE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, when he finally break the board,there was the look on his face,"Wait a minute, I did it." I think he was quite suprised. I thought that look on his face was priceless!( yes, we pay for the lessons with our credit card).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great picture!!! And video! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin