Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My First Sale!!!

A couple nights ago I started posting my baby bibs on my Etsy store. After I was about halfway through posting all of my bibs, I went to my store to make sure they were all there. I notice that the first bib I had posted wasn't there. Puzzled, I decided to keep going and later try to find out why.

After I had entered all the bibs, I went to my store front and saw that I had 11 items for sale and 1 item sold. What?!

Aaron was sitting next to me, and he asked, "Did you buy your own stuff?"

I slapped him lightly and said, "No!"

So we checked my email and sure enough, someone had bought my bib a few minutes after I had posted it. I was so excited. Yea!!!!! Aaron and I high-fived.
It is an awesome feeling to know that someone I don't even know, saw what I had created and liked it enough to buy it.

Here is a picture of the first thing I sold.



It feels like things are progressing slowly, but I enjoy what I do and am having a blast. I always try to do something every day whether it is posting an item on my Etsy store, posting to this blog, or creating something new. Even though I enjoy being a mother and a wife, I want to keep that part of me alive.

8 comments :

  1. Yeah!!!! Maybe we need to celebrate over Korean food. That bib is beautiful..you should post more of those!

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting, Sachiko!! Your stuff will be flying off the shelves in no time...or flying off of etsy!
    Congrats!!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, can I just say you are incredibly talanted...and funny! High five from me too! Oh...and Christopher is one tuff bodyguard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't checked your blog in a while and it is so cute! I am so proud of you - you blogging queen! Congrats on your first sale! We still have to have a bow party sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sachiko! Congratulations! That is exciting and, as with everything you make, the bib is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally going to get some stuff from you! You are amazing and going to be so famous someday!!! I hope everyting is going well. Please let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your first sale. The things you make are always so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin