Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh, so haunted

On the way home from school, Michael said," I can make more Halloween decorations you know."

I guess he doesn't think we have enough decorations for this occasion. So I said, "Oh, O.K. that would be nice why don't you make some."

After we got home he immediately started drawing. I love asking random questions to the children to see what they would say, so I sat down with him.

First, he cut a piece of paper into the shape of a house and said, "Mommy, this is a haunted house.". Than, he drew one window and looked at me and said," Mommy this is a haunted window." His eyes were wide open when he said it and the expression he used was so funny.

I tried so hard not to laugh and said, "Oh, really, that is horrible!". Then he added more haunted windows. When he started drawing the ghost I said, "Michael, that is such a cute ghost!"

He looked at me and said, "Mom, he looks cute, but he is really a haunted ghost. Really."

As you can see he drew some more haunted stuff if you look closely, it is little disturbing. He was pleased with his art work.



We carved pumpkins, tried on costumes for tommorrow, and they talked on and on about how much fun they are going to have on Halloween day. It is fun to see them being kids and enjoying the season.
Everyone, have a happy haunted Halloween!!

3 comments :

  1. Halloween is a little disturbing in and of itself, but one of the funnest holidays for the kids. I love that he's so into the haunted window and house and ghost. Can't wait to see Halloween pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is sooooooooo ethan's nephew!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the drawing! Thank heaven for little boys! They make us laugh! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin