Thursday, October 16, 2008

Old New Handbag


I made this clothing for Rachel while I was still pregnant with her. She wore this for a good two years. The last time she wore it, it was too tight. It is so hard to say good-bye to something so memerable...

So I decided not to say good-bye!

I made this into a handbag for Rachel. I just sowed the bottom, sowed the straps together and then ta da!


What was once old, is now new again.

It is so much fun thinking of new possiblities. The best part of this was seeing her smiling face as she sheepishly asked, "Is this mine?".

6 comments :

  1. What a cute idea! Sorry I haven't been in touch since your procedure but I've heard updates and am glad you are doing well. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Next time I hope I can help you out more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sachiko,

    I have a question about something I made for you guys for christmas last year. I made you that little croix de camarge like this:

    tt
    tt
    tt
    ttttttttttttt
    ttttttttttttt
    tt
    tt
    tt tt tt
    tt tt tt tt tt
    tt tttttt tt
    tt tttt tt
    tt tt tt
    t tt tt tt t
    tt tt tt tt tt
    t tt tttttt tt t
    tt tttt tt
    tt tt tt
    tttttttt
    tttttt
    tt

    Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do we sign up for these things? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I echo Heather's thoughts...I want one! You inspire me in so many ways, Sachiko!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember this dress, it was so beautiful. Glad that you are so talented and can have more uses for it. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin