Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Birthday Party & Giant Cookie Cake


We had a birthday party for our oldest child today... I can't believe he is already 10 years old, two digits! It is a big deal, and I was all for baking a special cake for him.

Then, he said, "I want a giant chocolate chip cookie for my birthday instead of a cake".

OK then.

There is something you don't know... in our household, Mr. Tea Rose Home bakes the best chocolate chip cookies EVER. He usually doesn't cook, but there are a couple of things he can make well and one of them is chocolate chip cookies.

And, he did it. He baked a yummy, gigantic chocolate chip cookie last night and it was a big hit!


There were nine kids running around our house (there was only one girl, yup, you guessed it, it was Rachel...) during the party. We all had a great time!

I hope someday he will look back on this day and say, "Oh, I remember the big cookie dad made for me...". Working hard all day and then came home to bake a cookie takes effort, our kids are so blessed to have a daddy who cares and loves them. A day like today makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

15 comments :

  1. Could you post the recipe?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, "Big Boy"! :) Been a silent reader of yours for a while, just felt like commenting today, haha!

    This is the first time I have seen a Giant Cookie Cake, so I am vowed!! Any chance you will share the recipe? If it is a family secret, then it's fine :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been the best birthday party ever! Giant cookie cake is a great idea, who know maybe I will make something alike one day - I love cookies more than cakes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was 12 or 13 my favorite cake was a chocolate chip cookie cake with fudge piping. YUM!!! I can assure my dad did not make it for me though. ;0) Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baking memories. How wonderful. And it looks soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! reminds me of the "Pizza cookies" my mom used to make, a big cookie, with peanut butter/chocolate sauce, and crumbled candy all over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your son! That giant cookie looks delicious! Mine always turn out burnt on the edges and doughy in the middle. I clearly don't know how to make giant cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your older boy! I am interested in how you made this! I would be perfect if you posted the recipe! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! My oldest would prefer a cookie cake over a regular cake any day of the week. Do share the recipe if you can - I'm sure it's way better than the cookie cakes you can get in the grocery store!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet Daddy! I keep trying to convince my hubs he's an excellent cook...but he's not buying it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmm it looks yummy!!!! what a great daddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ummmm....i second lulux...please post the recipe!!!

    xo
    monica

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so lucky to have such a wonderful family. Congratulations your boy has turn ten!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm, I simply can't resist a giant cookie! More posts like this, please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious!

    I am really lame when it comes to baking chocolate cookies from scratch. Mine always turn out to be biscuits. Do you mind sharing his recipe and maybe some tips?

    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin