Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Link Party No. 39 and Wool Projects


I don't know if because it is so cold outside or what, but I have been wanting to work with wool for a while... I went through my wool collection, pulled some scraps together, and did some random cutting...



Made a brooch for Rachel,



Made a brooch for me :)



and, made a hair clip for Rachel for Valentine's day



Wool is such a fun material to work with. Sometimes I buy wool clothing at thrift stores, and treat it to make wool felt. Right now, I am having so much fun going through my wool scraps to form some ideas. What can I make next?

Ok, everyone, it is your turn to show off what you have been working on!
Here are the rules for the link party:

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




Thank you for your participation, and making this link party sucssesful and fun!

13 comments :

  1. Hi! You made such a lovely goodies with wool! Thank you for a wonderful idea! They are perfect to give joy for a cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely flower and heart brooches you've created. Thanks for the chance to share my tiny greenhouse tutorial. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get my hands on some wool scraps! Those brooches are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the wool projects. I have been collecting wool sweaters and felting them but have yet to get started on any projects. Great inspiration here. Thanks for hosting. Lindy @ Cottage Hill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are amazing! I am with you on the wool thing right now. You should go and check out my blog. I just made a Valentine wreath out of a long red wool coat. I am actually giving it away! Come check it out. I just love your stuff, makes me want my daughter to be little again!http://ms-smartie-pants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abosolutely LOVE this brooch idea!! I want to make some with my daughter! SUPER sweet!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've presented you with the Stylish Blogger Award...recieve award at

    www.therepurposeproject.blogspot.com

    Thanks you...your'e amazing!!

    :) Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - great idea to use leftover wool! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wool creations! They turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you're hosting a sewing party--I recently discontinued one I was doing. My current post is so very sewing geeky :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I adore these....maybe will be my weekend project for sweet friends...thanks so much for sharing. Friday hugs. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin