Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Link Party No. 40 and New Basket Makeover

I have been staying low...it's been about three weeks, and I still haven't gotten over this cold! I went through the whole symptoms like, cold chills, aches, fever, and so on. I took antibiotics and thought that everything is over... boy was I wrong. I think I have whole other thing now. Massive cough, and sneezing, followed by aching and fever... Holy cow!

I am still functioning though. Well, three small kiddos clinging how can I not.

I thought if I am up doing things, might as well, do something fun and take my mind off of these annoying flu symptoms.

I decided to do one of the projects that I have wanted to do for a while. I found this basket at one of my usual thrift store trips last summer. It had a yucky liner attached to it. I came home, took that off and cleaned it well...

Before...


After...


I made a new liner with a type of polka dot pattern fabric. It is removable for washing, and has drawstring to close it shut. If I don't want to be bothered by opening and closing the fabric, I can always fold the fabric inside.


Large corsage adds extra character to the basket...


I think it will be fun Spring/Summer basket.



Whenever I do a basket makeover, the hardest part is parting from them. I put so much thought and effort into them; I can't deny feelings of attachment there. Since I don't live in a 100,000 square foot home, I can't keep everything.
I am thinking about putting some of my creations in my etsy shop...

Well, we shall see.

Now, it is your turn to show us what you have been working on! Here are the rules;

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




Thank you for your participation, and making this link party sucssesful and fun!

19 comments :

  1. Hello, so nice to find your Linky Party and participating in it...
    Hope you would like to spare a little bit of your time for me sure you will enjoy
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you're still battling that cold/flu thing! Ugh, that's awful...but the basket turned out great! Hope you feel better very soon!

    Thanks for hosting- I love seeing just how creative people are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your basket makeover is so dang cute! Surely you have a door knob that it can hang from. I have trouble letting go of things I make too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun basket!! I feel the same way...its so hard to part with the things we make!! I often make things as gifts but I need to live with them a while first....the gifts that is....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the basket!! so pretty!!! enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out really cute :) Love the polka dots.

    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your basket is adorable -- thankds for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would love for you to link at my party. thanks.

    http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/01/anything-goes-party-1-and-few.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you're sick again! (Or still.) Hope you will be well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this basket transformation. It's beautiful. Makes me long for spring while we are packed in with snow and more on the way.

    Hope you feel better soon. That sounds like an awful cold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoy seeing what you do with those baskets -- I am determined to find just the right one and do my own basket make-over someday soon! Thanks for the Link Party! I love to check out a few of the links each week. (and I do hope a few check out mine, too)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel all better soon. Love your basket and the practicality of the liner that can be removed and cleaned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your basket turned out beautiful!
    Be careful if you get to much colds in a row. In 2007 I get a pneumony because of that!!!
    Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable basket makeover. Amazing that you came up with that when you were feeling so bad. Hope you get to feeling back to normal soon.
    Thanks so much for hosting this fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your basket makeover is so cute. Much better than the before.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely basket! Wishing you a speed recovery.
    Blessings ~*~ Wendy ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute! I love your basket redo. That liner fabric is perfect. :)

    -Annie @ {PP}

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin