Friday, August 10, 2012

17 and Counting

NO, not what you think, I am not having a 17th baby.


Picture by Rusty Bucket Photography
17 years ago today, Mr. TRH and I got married. You name it, we have been through a lot together... loss of jobs and many medical procedures are the big ones.

The beginning of our marriage was especially hard, mainly, because I just moved from Japan, and didn't speak much English and I was still trying to adjust to life here. He was always there for me, helped and guided me through everything with a tremendous amount of patience and... humor. :)

He kept his promise he made to me 17 years ago… to make me smile every day of my life if I marry him. He would crack a joke or two, or in his quirky way he always manages to make me laugh every single day. I think that is pretty amazing! To me, that is more important than money (it doesn't hurt to have tons but, that is just icing on the cake), or anything else the world has to offer.

Between us, a noisy household with three awesome kids, our faith, and lots of love I think we have a great life.

So, Mr. TRH...

Thank you so much for being there for me, always, always. You are a terrific husband, father and best of all- my best friend.

Thank you for supporting me and encouraging me with whatever I want to do...

When we are gray and old, our grandchildren will see our affection towards each other and might think we are "cute" or "gross". Either way, I can totally picture you giggling because of their reaction.

It is an old saying, but I am going to tell you today:

Grow old with me; the best is yet to come.

Happy Anniversary

Love,

Sachiko

30 comments :

  1. Congrats!I would agree that true happiness comes from a sound relationship- not wealth or fame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!I would agree that true happiness comes from a sound relationship- not wealth or fame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    This day our anniversary too. We got married 21 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to you and mr trh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a heart-warming and inspiring post, especially as I am preparing for my own wedding (two weeks from today).

    Wishes for many more joyful years together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! So sweet to read the love you have for each other! We had VBS all week this week and one of my friends had a Japanese friend with her to help. She is still working on the language but I just love to hear her talk - her accent is beautiful. Makes me think of you every time I see her, knowing she is from the same country you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous picture and lovely post! I would hope that your children and grandchildren will see the love you two have and aspire to find that for themselves! May you have many more happy years filled with laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! This was a lovely post to read to start my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post Sachiko!
    Happy Anni to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! A long happy marriage is something to be proud of and cherished. Hubby and i are working on our 23rd year. Best Wishes! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Congratulations! It is so great to see couples faithful to each other and obviously in love after 17 years. Here's to many more years together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful picture, beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!

    From your other blog posts I just knew you had to have a happy marriage even through everything you've been through. Wishing you happiness and some well deserved smooth sailing for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  14. \(^-^)/ Happy anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. TRH, and warmest wishes for many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! May you have many more happy years together!! My husband and I are working on # 44!
    Best friends make happy married couples!

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww! Congratulations!!! We celebrated 6 yrs and it seems so little compared to your 17! lol. I hope nothing but the best for ya'll! Here's to 50 more!!!

    Reyna
    www.glamglory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ti auguro ogni felicità con il tuo grande amore, felice anniversario! M.Grazia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! My dh and I just celebrated 16 years on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy anniversary! And many more years of happiness to come!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats! My hubby and I just celebrated our 9th yesterday...can't wait to pack more years on too! Love the pic of you two...love and fun about you both!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Thank you yet again for filling my day with joy and inspiration. You are a gift to the world...I am sure your husband would agree. Happy, Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so blessed. May you have many more years of blessings. Stay happy ! Thank you for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so blessed. May you have many more years of blessings. Stay happy ! Thank you for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your warm well wishes. :)

    It was a relaxing and fun anniversary, and I had a great time.

    Isn't it amazing how we are all in different stages of life? Someone is going to get married in 2 weeks, and others are working on their 44th!! Congratulations!

    Whatever the stage you are in, I hope everyone is happy, and in love. Thanks again for your lovely comments. They mean so much to me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Anniversary!!
    May you have many more happy ones to come!

    ReplyDelete
  26. And you know, you are right! When your old enough to have grandkids and they giggle cause your kissing; (ehww) it's the best of both worlds~
    Congratulations to you both... cause it takes two!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin