Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Link Party No.82! / Candy bar leigh

I can't believe it is already the end of August. You know what that means right? Monthly link party at Tea Rose Home! It has slowed down by a lot since I switched from weekly to a monthly link party, but I still enjoy looking at your creations. It is fun to have you guys over my place and I hope you feel the same way.

Before we start, I have something small to share...

I had a birthday party for my little girl, and I thought about what to do with party favors. I have three kids ages 11, 9, and 7... a total of 27 birthday parties! I was starting to feel like the party favors were getting boring. I usually get candy with some small toys from the dollar stores and such. The kids used to LOVED them, but now they are getting older, they are not that excited about those small toys.

Besides, this time Rachel invited 16 kids to her party (including her brothers...but still), even if I spent $1 for each child, it is a lot for a party favor for my taste.

Then, I had an idea... make a "Candy bar leigh".

I found a big bag of candy bars at Target for less than 9 dollars. I used a hole puncher to make holes on both sides of the candy, then, tied them with cotton yarn that I already had. I think it would have been much prettier if I used a thin sheer ribbon between the candies, but Oh well. :) and, we didn't forget to "thank" the friends who came to the party.

It was a hit! The kids were really excited about the candy leigh, even my 11 and 9 year olds.

It is now your turn to share whatever you have been creating.  Do you have any craft ideas we can do with our kids?  Very tasty summer recipes?   Well, lets start the party! 
Ok everyone, I bet you have some projects you would love to share.  I am excited to see what you have been working on!

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.






9 comments :

  1. Thanks a lot, so easy and wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as they are growing older it is becoming difficult to think of the thank you gifts! Yours was very clever!
    Happy birthday to your sweet daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to be here again this week, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The candy bar lei is just the coolest idea! My 9 year old was sick on her birthday this month so I still need to have a party for her. I just may do that for little party favors! Thanks for the great idea! I will make sure I link to you if I blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the party! The candy lei is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever idea! Happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosing. We appreciate it.
    http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I think this is my first time joining in - I have enjoyed visiting your blog and I appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi new follower from http://craftyhousemom.blogspot.com would love if you would visit

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin