Friday, August 3, 2012

Fabric Play

Last week, I shared my tutorial for the Narwhal Pillow I did for Sarah's booth. I have one more tutorial that I am going to share soon, but before that let's sidetrack a little...

After I made those two pillows I had some scraps... (grin).


If you have been reading my blog long enough, you would know that I am the type of person that doesn't (can't!) throw away even the scraps of scraps. Looking at the scraps from Out to Sea, I had some ideas that I had to make. There are no tutorials for those, but I wanted to share some pictures with you!

First, a pouch… I love the combinations! I thought this would be perfect to organize things in my purse or, better yet, I might add a strap, and make it into Rachel's crossbody bag.



Speaking of Rachel, I had to make some hair accessories for her...

A hair clip,

Also a headband. She wore it with a light gray ruffle shirt the other day, and it was perfect!




One of the ways to utilize the "scrap of scrap" is to make fabric covered buttons. I made mine into a ring and framed it with small gray pearls. :)


Fabric covered buttons are really useful. I also made a beach-y necklace in Tea Rose Home style.



The last one wasn't made out of scraps. Sarah was generous enough to spare some of this fabric for me because I had this idea.




In case you are wondering how I made these fabric beads... there is a tutorial I did to make a bracelet with the same technique, it is really simple and easy.

I am pretty much all done using the scraps from Out to Sea. It is so much fun to think of what I can do with a limited amount of fabric. No plan, no pattern, and no pain. It is simply playing with fabrics and going with the flow. Do you think you wanna give it a try?

11 comments :

  1. You have got so many good ideas :)
    Beautliful!

    Regards from Poland :)
    Aneta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sachiko - I love all of these! The fabric pouch, the buttons with the anchor on them - and especially that necklace. You are so talented! I have been thinking about you lately, I hope all is well!!!

    Thanks for sharing your fabric fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these projects - the bag, the bow, the ring, the necklace - are so wonderful! I also love using up even the tiniest scrap. You are a master at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love all of that stuff. The pouch ended up super cute. And I love those necklaces. How pretty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything's gorgeous!!!
    I am also the saver of scraps of scraps so you are not alone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your scrappy ideas! I'm running down to my sewing room right now to see what scraps I have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are all so beautiful! I think I especially live the anchor button ring and necklace. Such cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are all so beautiful! I especially love the anchor fabric button ring and necklace! Such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I am totally blown away by all this cuteness! My favorite is that ring. And what an adorable fabric line. Where did you get that??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the nice comments! I hope you are rediscovering the love for some of your scraps and staying busy! :)

    Disney-

    The fabric line is called "Out to Sea", designed by my favotire designer Sarah Jane. The fabric should be in stores any day now.
    Here is the link to the collection;
    http://sarahjanestudios.com/blog/2012/05/introducing-out-to-sea/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin