Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Link Love No. 15 -- Mini Clothes Reaction

Today I played with Rachel. I thought she knew I was making the clothes for her baby doll, but she didn't. (I sew a lot so maybe she thought I was just working on another project.) I went into the toy room with her and said, "Let's change the baby's clothes" and layed the clothes out in front of her.

Her eyes got big and she covered her mouth with both hands and squeeled in delight. She said, "What happened?!"

I said, "I used your old baby clothes and made these."

"Thank you Mommy!"

We played for a while. I was watching her change the clothes from one outfit to another. She carefully placed the head bows and such. She had three dolls total. Two of them would be a sleep while she dressed one and she would keep doing this giving each doll a chance to wear several different outfits. (If they were real babies, they would be crying their heads off.)

After we played for a while, she said thank you again and said, "Mommy, can you make more?"

I laughed and said, "Sometime..."

I guess I should start working on some more pretty soon before she grows out of this phase. She showed the clothes to Daddy after he came home from work. She played until she had to go to bed. It made me so happy seeing her reaction and how entertained she was by this.

Ok, ladies, it is your turn, here are the rules if you are new to my link party.

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.





Let's party!

10 comments :

  1. Those are too stinking cute! What little girl wouldn't love those! You are so talented! Thanks so much for hosting!!

    ~Morgan

    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!!
    Meet Virginia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! I know that a ton of people saw your project and loved it (including me) but I am sure that is nothing compared to how it made you feel knowing that she loved them!

    It is such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is great to see that she loves them, they are so cute!
    My daughter is the same, wanting more baby/doll clothes....but it is so much fun to please little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so darling!! What a fun mom you are!! I think I just missed that phase with my daugther... Hopefully we'll have another one someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute response! I tried making a doll dress for my daughter, but it didn't turn out very nicely. I was just wondering how old your daughter is. Mine has just turned 3 and doesn't quite play with her dolls much yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom used to do that for me too....for Barbie dolls. Her mom used to make every doll a dress for Christmas every year. What a memory. I just this week pulled my Barbie stuff out of the attic for my granddaughters and there were some of my mom's creations. You are very talented and VERY patient to do that for your daughter. She won't forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are adorable! I made American Girl doll clothes for my girls but never with their old clothes. That makes it so special and heirloom quality. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I found your blog and I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone posts next wed!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lucky daughter! I bet she loved the clothes! They are adorablE!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin