Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Link Party No.14 and T- Shirt Makeover Month


First of all, I wanted to say thank you for those of you who left such kind comments on my last post about my family vacation. It is so fun to know that some of you had the same experience or interest like us.

I took a little break from the link party last week, but I am back safe, and you know what that means... it is time for "Wednesday at Tea Rose Home" link party! But, I have little fun announcement to make (I know you have fun things to share with us, but hold your horses...)

Just before the trip, I was at Gap and they were having such a great sale. Already marked down items were an additional 40% off! I found some t-shirt for $7.99 and they were an additional 40% off, isn't that great? Then, this idea came to me...

 
 

I bought four different colors of t-shirt, two of each color. I am going to do a t-shirt makeover every week in July. I will post the makeover at the end of the week. I don't have a design yet, but I am very excited about this challenge I am going to do (in other words, what am I putting myself up to?)

So, please be on the lookout to see what I can come up with!

Ok, ladies, it is your turn, here are the rules if you are new to my link party.

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.





Let's party!

11 comments :

  1. I'm excited to see what you make! You always come up with such beautiful, feminine clothing and such! Kari (UCreate), me and the other ladies that went to CBC were talking about wanting to meet you. I laughed when a certain blogger said your name. She said it with a long "i." Since I've had friends with your name, I told her how to say it! I think you have amazing style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...I really don't mind when people mispronounce my name. Eventhough "Sachiko"is a common name in Japan, here, it is an odd name. People called my name many different ways, but if I think they are calling me, I respond. I I would love to meet you ladies someday, that would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally stoked to see these shirts... I bought a couple of Wonder Tees from Downeast and want to do some sort of ruffled shirt makeover inspired by you of course!! There are some fun ideas on Anthropologie's website...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Love those shirt colors.

    Andrea @ www.TheTrainToCrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made 2 aprons lately. They are on my blog and listed on etsy for sale. I found you on blog frog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea. Can't wait to see what you come up with for each shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to GAP recently and bought a bright pink dress that needs a little embellishment! I'm excited about your shirt makeovers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see what you do with the t-shirts! Thanks for hosting another party :)

    ~Lori S.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so cannot wait to see what you come up with! Glad you had a great vacay! Thanks so much for hosting!!

    ~Morgan

    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!!
    Meet Virginia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the shirt idea, can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good T-shirt makeover!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin