Thursday, February 16, 2012

Basket Makeover



I have a serious love for basket style handbags. I hardly ever find the ones that I like, at the price I am willing to pay at the retail stores. So what do I do?
I find baskets at thrift stores and embellish them however I like.

The hard part is finding the baskets that are in really good condition with character.

Once I find some, there is no way that I can pass them up, I have to have them!

This basket has a lot of potential; let's see how I do...


Isn't she a cutie? I love the shape, and how the handles are flexible.
After thinking it over(and over and over) I finally started working on it.

First I added leather to the handles...


Then, I used a handkerchief I had, for lining. Folded the sides and added a couple buttons...


I was pretty happy with the results so far, then as usual I got stuck with decision making...

Silky brown flower corsage?


or, a cotton flower corsage?


I guess I don't have to pick only one, since they are removable, I can switch them up and have fun! Which one is your favorite?






By the way, I was asked to do a review for Olive Garden, and the post is coming up next week (did I mention a giveaway for my Tea Rose Home readers?!). I can't wait to share my experience trying out their 3 course dinner for $12.95 promotion! :)

15 comments :

  1. Ever since I saw your earlier basket makeover, I have been looking for a suitable basket to makeover. I haven't found one yet, but I'm sure the wait will be worth it :)
    I love everything about this basket, especially the leather handles. I will go for the silky brown corsage, gives it an unexpected glam touch.
    Enjoy your lovely basket, Sachiko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it, the brown rosette I think is my choice,orrrr maybe the stripe,no the brown.:)
    Happy sewing
    xx jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I personally like the silky brown corsage best - it provides a nice contrast to the handkerchief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the brown flower best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cute! Makes me want to go find a basket... :-) And I place my vote for the cotton flower; it has the most personality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going consignment store shopping this weekend so I'll be sure to be on the look out for interesting baskets after seeing how great yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!! I love both flowers... makes for a good change when you feel like something different :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so creative and just beautiful! I love the brown flower! I also love, love the measuring tape ribbon! How fabulous, thank you for sharing. . .keeping my eye out for baskets now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea. I will be looking out for vintage baskets! I prefer the cotton stripe corsage. Maggie xx

    http://prettyflowersinthewindow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Che meraviglia delle meraviglie il tuo blog, non lo conoscevo ma ora non lo lascio più,naturalmente mi unisco ai tuoi followers.
    Se ti va, vieni a trovarmi
    Baci
    Emi

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLA SACHIKO. MI NONBRE ES MERCEDES, Y TENGO UN HUMILDE BLOG, QUE SE LLAMA EL OLOR DE CADIZ. A TRAVES DE OTRA COMPAÑERA, HE LLEGADO HASTA TI Y TU BLOG, Y ME HE QUEDADO ENCANTADA. Y SI ME PERMITES, ME HAGO TU SEGUIDORA, Y APRENDO DE TODO LO QUE HACES. ESPERO ESTAR EN CONTACTO. SALUDOS DESDE CADIZ, ESPAÑA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it is lovely!
    have a nice day

    najmaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the brown flower but both are darling!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin