Friday, December 18, 2020

Tamarack Jacket 2

A few weeks ago, I shared my "practice" Tamarack Jacket. As I mentioned in the last post, I had enough fabric to make one more jacket, so I decided to tweak a few things and make another Tamarack Jacket. I like the last one, but I think I like this one even more!

Here are the few things I did differently... I used fabric called Strawberry Field by Rifle Paper for welt pockets, cuffs and trims. I love the contrast.
I decided to go with view A this time, but changed the neckline to a V-shape. Also, I shortened the jacket by a couple inches.
I felt like the first one I made was a bit too big, so I took in the sides to make it slimmer.
The next time I make a Tamarack Jacket, I want to use the fabric I quilted instead of an already quilted one. This is such a versatile pattern, and I feel like the possibilities are endless. I am imagining what it would be like if I extended the length to my knees to make a long jacket. Wouldn't that be fun?

7 comments :

  1. Sachiko, I love this jacket. I am tiny like you so straight constructed designs look too big on me. Wow, a jacket to your knees. That would be nice for a spring coat with some drafty days.
    I love the strawberry fields trim. It looks perfect this this big gingham. You have been busy. I have been running in circles, trying to make some Christmas gifts, send a lot of cards etc. and keeping my 97 year old daddy happy
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute jacket!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Love the contrast piping ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this jacket-thank you so much. Where may I find reference to the pattern used?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin