Friday, March 18, 2011

Link Love NO. 45 and More

I am sorry that it took so long to post link love no.45. It has been such an emotional week and I just couldn't do it.

I am still trying to set up a separate page for "Japan Disaster Relief" but I have been busy and don't have much computer time. I want you all to read all the comments people left. Many of them left very useful information about how you can help the people of Japan. You might find somethings that are perfect for you.

Today, Sonja sent me an email with this link;

Hi Sachiko, I found another great way for crafty people to help. A Japanese Quilt magazine has put the call out for handmade quilts which they will distribute to the people in need. Some of you asked me how you can donate your quilts to Japanese people, looks like this is one of the great way to send your quilts to Japan!

Also, talking about quilt...don't forget to go to quilt tying event tomorrow, it is a great way to do hands on service and get to know people.

Ok, now I am ready to post link love NO 45!

Kid Friendly apron was shared by tidbits. I love the happy cheerful colors and simple lines on this apron. It’s so springy and fun.



Rosy Red Button shared her nursery makeover before, this time...a blessing dress. It is a little different than the traditional style, lots of ruffles!



Oh... these are such cute carrots. Homework shared tutorial for this yarn baby carrots on her blog, these will be a perfect Easter decoration. So cute!



My kids and I love Mo Williams. His books are so unique and fun, when I read them to my kids, we all enjoy the experience. Simple Simon & Company shared this cute Pigeon shirt, inspired and created by his book. How adorable and fun!



Check this out! The V spot made this beautiful piece of pedestal Bowl from random objects and some pearl string. Seriously, she has an eye for turning something blah, to beautiful.



Thank you all for sharing your creativities, and so sorry it took so long for me to post this.

Psst... On Monday, there is something awesome happening here at Tea Rose Home, make sure to come back. :)

4 comments :

  1. I so wish I was a better quilter or had tons of quilts just hanging around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out for my pedestal bowl.
    I am so glad your family is ok and will be doing what I can to contribute to the relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sachio, I am so proud of my little daughter in Layton! She put four baby quilts (she made) on her blog and is auctioning them off so she can help the people of Japan. She was very touched by the devastation and wanted to help so bad. They struggle themselves financially so I was so proud of her when she posted her auction. There is always so much good that comes because of suffering. I know there are so many who are doing what they can to help. God continue to bless you and your family! We are all praying for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vernie and Tony-

    Wow, that is nice of her! Seeing other people's goodness and willingness to help lighten other's burden is so wonderful. It unites us and gives us hope.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin