Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Link Party No.46!

I wanted to share some of the birthday presents I received from my husband's cousin's wife (is there special name for that?) well, let me just say she is my friend.

We were supposed to meet back in December, but they got sick, then our family got sick and we didn't actually get together until a few weeks ago. She had special birthday surprises for me.

Check them out...

Beautiful 2 yards of crocheted lace


and a bunch of crocheted flowers (there were lots more in the box)


I look at them and think about what I am going to do with them. She told me that I can cut the lace to use it for whatever project I want. Nooooo! Seriously, I don't think I can do that. I am just going to look at it and admire the even stitches. The flowers, Rachel already had dibs on a couple of them. She wanted me to make a flower clip for her hair and most likely that will happen.

I thought they were very thoughtful and beautiful birthday gifts. Don't you think so too?
Go check out her etsy shop she makes awesome crocheted items.

Also, I posted something new on the Japan Disaster Relief page. My friend sent me this link. I watched it in Japanese first and she found the video in English. There are some mistakes in the translation, but it truly touched me.

Ok, let's start the link party no.46! Here are the rules;

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




Show us what you've done!!

11 comments :

  1. I don't normally participate in your link parties (either haven't made anything, or totally forget!), but today I can join in, and it's very fitting.
    I've made your ruffled t-shirt. It's the second time I've done this, and I have to say, your tutorial is so easy to follow - I love it.

    http://cottonrose.blogspot.com/2011/03/busy-bee.html

    gorgeous goodies. you lucky thing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just stunned by what's happening in Japan over the past 10days. It was so touching to read your posts. Take care and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful presents!

    Thanks for hosting the link party, too.

    I don't normally comment, but just want to say that I have been following along with your posts on Japan. I am so sorry to hear what has happened and how it has affected your family. Praying for everyone there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous lace and the flowers are soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful birthday gifts!

    I'm so excited to finally be able to participate in one of your link parties! Love all the creative inspiration here!

    Hugs!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I want to know how she crocheted the lace so that you could cut it w/o it coming out - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I link up, I just have to say... that crocheted lace is gorgeous! And thanks for hosting this link party every week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that lace is unbelievable! What a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin