Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Link Party No. 47! / I am in love with...



...this fabric. I was at a quilt shop last week, and found this laminated cotton. I have several ideas what to make with it, but I haven't really decided yet.
One of my friends loves this color combination, and I guess it rubbed off on me. It is so cute!

I have been busy sewing baby blankets to donate last week, and I am going to finish one of my quilt tops to donate. My friend is going to do a fund raising event for Japan on April 9th, I am not exactly sure, but it sounds like it will be a big yard sale and such. I wanted to help in some ways, so I decided to donate one of my quilts for a drawing. I am thinking if someone spends or donates more than a certain amount, their names will be put in the box for drawing.
A close friend of mine agreed to help me with the machine quilt, so it will be done by that day. The quilt I am donating is this one...


I wrote a post about this quilt top in June of 2009, and never got around to quilting it. I love the quilt top, but I am more excited that it will be used for something good.

I will let you know more details about the fund raising event, when I hear from my friend. So, if you are in the Utah county area, mark the calendar on April 9th!

Now, go ahead and link up to our weekly party! Visit each other, leave comments and have fun. :)

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.




Show us what you've done!!

10 comments :

  1. Oooh, how exciting! I'm first to link up! Yay!!

    That quilt is gorgeous. It looks so perfectly made, doesn't it?

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting! My bedspread in grade school was an over-sized polka dot pattern in red and yellow and it was so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric, too! And the quilt is lovely. :) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for hosting a linky party! Have a :) day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is amazing to me... if only I had the patience for all the little squares. I've seen some that are beautiful and I adore the green and white. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading your posts about quilts for a few days now... and now, I'm beginning to feel like I want to make one too (I have no idea how though so it might take a while before I can actually start).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time joining up here. Love this party...going to look around at all the inspiration! Thanks for hosting.
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the mug/cup in the first shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled upon your blog. I LOVE IT! You are so inspiring! I can't wait to try some of your tutorials. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I'd have a tea and catch up on my blog reading -- I love that polka dot laminate! And then I realized that I'm sipping out of that exact same mug :) So I NEEEEEEED some of that fabric -- where is it from (or who makes it??)Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin